• March 28, 2024, 07:07:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Setup Wizard - Windows 7 Home Pro  (Read 3576 times)

wreeves707

• Level 1 Member
Setup Wizard - Windows 7 Home Pro
« on: May 05, 2013, 12:55:38 PM »

After upgrading my 930 to 1.08 firmware, one CPU with Mydllink and Java 7 rl21 running 7 Home Pro 64 bit can access the camera, while another CPU with the same op system cannot.

In addition the latest setup wizard from Dlink, V1.03, will not run. It hangs at checking for updates and a net mon scan suggests that Java is the reason, and also the server is not available.

Help?

wreeves707

• Level 1 Member
Re: Setup Wizard - Windows 7 Home Pro
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 04:02:22 PM »

The 932 forum had a suggestion to remove the internet connection before starting the setup wizard, and restoring it after you get past the checking for updates hang. It worked.

Now that the new wizard is installed and run for the new firmware, I still cannot connect to a remote cam while the other CPU here can.

Will keep checking it.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Setup Wizard - Windows 7 Home Pro
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »

I was advised by D-Link that this issue should be fixed.  Can you please validate that the setup process can complete while an active Internet connection is available?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

wreeves707

• Level 1 Member
Re: Setup Wizard and remote connecting from various machines
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 11:01:01 AM »

I continue to have problems connecting to my account at mydlink.com on some computers, and not on others. I thought it was related to windows 7 but now I experience it on vista and XP machines as well. Some do connect and show the video, and some do not.

I have updated java to the newest, doing ti properly as old versions must be removed and the machine rebooted before installing Version 7 rl 21.

There are so many things it could be. What am I missing? Does XP have to be a certain flavor, or does net framework of some type have to be there? I've even tried opeing ports for the cam and port 443 in the router.

HELP!!!