• March 27, 2024, 11:32:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: I cannot connect to mydlink half of the time  (Read 8118 times)

restelo

• Level 1 Member
I cannot connect to mydlink half of the time
« on: August 05, 2016, 09:41:43 AM »

I recently bought a DCS-931L to assess how well and simple the D-link cameras work.

I´m mostly interested in accessing the camera via iphone while at work.

Since I installed the app I can access only 50% of the time; when I cannot access I get the messages:
- "Could not connect[/b]: Could not connect the device. Please try again later. (Error 0.70_0_2_70_)" or
- "Connection time out"

Do you know if this is normal (maybe related to server overload)?

Also, I could never managed to access via Chrone: always get the message: "your browser is having problems connecting to the server..."

Thank you in advance.
Restelo

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: I cannot connect to mydlink half of the time
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 09:45:34 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What ISP service, model and mfrs modem do you use?
What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What iOS version are you using on the iPhone?

I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.93.
DHCP

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

We recommend using IE11 or FF when accessing the camera or the mydlink services site.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 12:54:42 PM »

Also, I could never manage to access via Chrome: always get the message: "your browser is having problems connecting to the server..."

Thank you in advance.
Restelo

Restelo,
See the answers to your questions below:

Q1. "Do you know if this is normal (maybe related to server overload)?"
No, that is not normal behavior although sometimes it can be seen, it is usually caused by configuration issues.
The mydlink service and devices use UPnP to facilitate communications between the camera, mydlink portal and Apps.
Although all of it can function without UPnP, problems can sometimes show due to the limited negotiations available for connecting ports.

Q2. I could never manage to access via Chrome: always get the message: "your browser is having problems connecting to the server..."
If you are using Chrome to access the mydlink portal, chrome will need to have installed the mydlink Service Plugin

Just go to the Chrome Web Store under your extensions management and add it to your Chrome browser, is that simple.

If your intention is to log into the Camera's Graphical User Interface (GUI) while on your local network, for now, you will need to try Firefox or IE to do this as the GUI utilizes Java and Chrome no longer support it.

As a side note,  Mobile browsers are not currently supported for viewing of your camera video or accessing the mydlink portal.  Working in solution, but The apps and the portal are currently the best way to get to the camera video feed.

Please share answers to the question posted by FurryNutz to be able to get better feedback on this matter.

BAMoh

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 02:00:29 PM »

IMO you need a better router. I've seen such when there is a very weak connection to between the cam and your router. I bet if you connected the cam with a LAN cable you would not see this. IMO, as a potential remedy in lieu of buying a new router, try to reserve an IP address for the cam if you cannot use a LAN cable.
"That's laughable...."  Impress me. Need COMPETENT help.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »

Any status on this?  ???

I recently bought a DCS-931L to assess how well and simple the D-link cameras work.

I´m mostly interested in accessing the camera via iphone while at work.

Since I installed the app I can access only 50% of the time; when I cannot access I get the messages:
- "Could not connect[/b]: Could not connect the device. Please try again later. (Error 0.70_0_2_70_)" or
- "Connection time out"

Also, I could never managed to access via Chrone: always get the message: "your browser is having problems connecting to the server..."

Thank you in advance.
Restelo
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.