• March 28, 2024, 02:01:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 446535 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2013, 09:06:32 AM »

It is a must to control/change all ports (https & co) in web-admin. All bought cams are useless as for me now as I need port 443 for exchange (OWA) and finally all external exchange clients can`t log in anymore as 443 is blocked by the cams via router`s UPnP.

Funny thing 443 is portforwarded to the servers IP but the cams force the router, as trying to call the port till it`s opened by UPnP. One time opened, it`s  blocked - the UPnP-entry (443) blocks this port till I manual delet all entrys in table. Then external exchange clients are able to login again to the server.

So only solution is to control this port - change it camera side to another like you have it on other models!!!

Thanks - same I will post to the DCS-942L as this model is also same firmware & have same bug!

Added...
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2013, 09:08:23 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • General - Ability to save to directory on NAS or server
  • General - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Add SSH console to access SD card (SMB/CIFS)
  • General - Disable IR illuminators while camera is in privacy mode
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - HTTPS support
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • General - Improve Linux browser support
  • General - More detailed log events to facilitate troubleshooting
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9
  • General - Support for PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station
  • General - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • General - Add FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and SSH support
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Dection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators while the camera is in night mode
  • SD Recording - Improve video quality and consistency (recorded videos are frequently choppy, freeze, and have dropped frames)
  • SD Recording - Add inherent ability to mass download SD recordings (rather than downloading videos one at a time or physically removing the SD card from the camera)
  • SD Recording - Add option to disable JPG files generated for each video recording
  • Security - Disable HTTPS when HTTP is enabled
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address
  • Security - SFTP support
  • Security - User defined session timeout period
  • Images - Increase image quality range for generated JPGs (i.e. option to reduce the compression level further than currently available via the firmware)
  • Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode (i.e. current implementation adjusts the exposure each frame rather than smoothly interpolating exposure, resulting in unnecessary strobing in dark scenes)
  • Video - Add option for RTSP stream at the camera's native image sensor quality (i.e. current RTSP streaming options are too heavily compressed and contain too many artifacts to support advanced image processing)
  • Video - Support for RAW (bayer mask) streaming for 160x80 or RGB
  • Web UI - Support for Live View using browsers on the Linux platform

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:35:04 AM by JavaLawyer »

danneman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2013, 02:53:20 AM »

Hello.

I am having this camera at an entrance in a workoutcentre and sending snapshots through FTP to server when Digital Input goes high. I would like to have some kind of indication in the GUI if digital input is high or low. Now it is a bit tricky to do the setup when you have to look at the FTP server if digital input is triggered or not.

And last request is already on the list but I would also like the cameraposition to go to a preset position when camera reboots/powerlost.

Thanks
Daniel

mariusbrouwe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2013, 03:23:03 AM »

Are there any release dates available for the next firmware version? I am really looking forward to be able to record more than 10 seconds of video at a time. Will this feature appear in the next firmware version?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:31:10 AM by mariusbrouwe »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2013, 05:29:39 AM »

Hello.

I am having this camera at an entrance in a workoutcentre and sending snapshots through FTP to server when Digital Input goes high. I would like to have some kind of indication in the GUI if digital input is high or low. Now it is a bit tricky to do the setup when you have to look at the FTP server if digital input is triggered or not.

I'm not 100% clear on what yoj mean by ". . . digital input is high or low". Can you please clarify? Thanks!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2013, 05:31:48 AM »

Are there any release dates available for the next firmware version? I am really looking forward to be able to record more than 10 seconds a video at a time. Will this feature appear in the next firmware version?

D-Link does not typically openly publish when the next firmware version is due for release, nor does D-Link normally provide any indication of what changes will be made.  ???

danneman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 02:02:53 AM »

I'm not 100% clear on what yoj mean by ". . . digital input is high or low". Can you please clarify? Thanks!

The 5222L has one digital input and one digital output connection on the back. You can get things to happen on a digital input signal like send snapshot via FTP or mail. But when I have connected a cable to digital input and triggers that signal there is no indication neither on hardware or in software if that signal is triggered (logic high). It would be great if there was like a colored dot somewhere in the Gui wich indicates green when input is logic high or red when its low.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2013, 05:11:18 AM »

The 5222L has one digital input and one digital output connection on the back. You can get things to happen on a digital input signal like send snapshot via FTP or mail. But when I have connected a cable to digital input and triggers that signal there is no indication neither on hardware or in software if that signal is triggered (logic high). It would be great if there was like a colored dot somewhere in the Gui wich indicates green when input is logic high or red when its low.

Ahhh, understood.
Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2013, 05:14:27 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • General - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Add indicator describing the signal state of the digital input (e.g. green for high and red for low)
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9
  • General - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Dection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators while the camera is in night mode
  • SD Recording - Improve video quality and consistency (recorded videos are frequently choppy, freeze, and have dropped frames)
  • SD Recording - Add inherent ability to mass download SD recordings (rather than downloading videos one at a time or physically removing the SD card from the camera)
  • SD Recording - Add option to disable JPG files generated for each video recording
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address
  • Images - Increase image quality range for generated JPGs (i.e. option to reduce the compression level further than currently available via the firmware)
  • Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode (i.e. current implementation adjusts the exposure each frame rather than smoothly interpolating exposure, resulting in unnecessary strobing in dark scenes)
  • Video - Add option for RTSP stream at the camera's native image sensor quality (i.e. current RTSP streaming options are too heavily compressed and contain too many artifacts to support advanced image processing)

• TBD

mherbold

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2013, 06:05:05 PM »

One truly annoying bug that I really want to see fixed in the next firmware update is:

Once in a while (2 or 3 times an hour) the video image will shift down and to the right what seems like 4 pixels.  Then 2 seconds later, it shifts back to the original position.  Doing that, it triggers the motion detection and causes the camera to record, wasting space and wasting my time looking at these videos to find that there is nothing important in them to look at.  I have hundreds of these videos wasting space on my camera.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2013, 06:47:16 AM »

One truly annoying bug that I really want to see fixed in the next firmware update is:

Once in a while (2 or 3 times an hour) the video image will shift down and to the right what seems like 4 pixels.  Then 2 seconds later, it shifts back to the original position.  Doing that, it triggers the motion detection and causes the camera to record, wasting space and wasting my time looking at these videos to find that there is nothing important in them to look at.  I have hundreds of these videos wasting space on my camera.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2013, 06:50:33 AM »

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Add indicator describing the signal state of the digital input (e.g. green for high and red for low)
  • Motion Detection [Bug] - Video image periodically jumps/shifts position several pixels causing erroneous motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)

• TBD

Riccardinho

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2013, 10:24:17 AM »

Hi all! My two wishes...
For me this issue

"Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)"

also applies to to moment in which the camera switches from day mode to night mode (if configured to "auto"). Every time this happens, I receive a notification. This shouldn't be the case.

iOS and Android apps should work with push notifications in addition to emails.

no-blue-screen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2013, 04:48:52 AM »

BETTER QUALITY SNAPSHOTS PLEASE

SEE THREAD:  http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=53664.0

aag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2013, 07:39:55 PM »

It would be nice to be able to choose a font size for the OSD label. Its so small, in most clups or screenshots you can barely read the date time....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15