• March 28, 2024, 04:44:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Android App Quality Settings  (Read 6529 times)

andoR

• Level 1 Member
Android App Quality Settings
« on: March 24, 2014, 08:01:26 AM »

Hello,

I purchased a D-Link Camera and thought I could use it without probs on my smartphone. I tried various apps and nothing worked, so I contacted the support and they told me that I should use the official app.
I downloaded it and it worked. The problem now is, I can't change the quality of the stream. It's 240p and grey so I can't change it.
Did I miss something or was the purchase worthless, because I set the camera up in my business and it covers quite a bit of range, but in 240p I can't really see anything...

Thanks in advance.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Android App Quality Settings
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 08:07:57 AM »

Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

andoR

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:20:00 AM »

I have the DCS 5222L so it should be ok with at least 720p which I set in the browser interface.

I tried it with my WLAN connection from home (6000 kbit dload) but it's still grey so I don't think it's because of connection.
I looked everything first before I made this post but nothing really helped me yet.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 09:21:57 AM »

I have the DCS 5222L so it should be ok with at least 720p which I set in the browser interface.

I tried it with my WLAN connection from home (6000 kbit dload) but it's still grey so I don't think it's because of connection.
I looked everything first before I made this post but nothing really helped me yet.

In Grey?  You're in night vision mode?

andoR

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 09:38:44 AM »

The button is grey and stands on 240p, as I stated in post 1. It all works pretty fine, if you consider that this app wasn't my first choice , but it's really not watchable at all in this quality.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 10:54:59 AM »

The button is grey and stands on 240p, as I stated in post 1. It all works pretty fine, if you consider that this app wasn't my first choice , but it's really not watchable at all in this quality.

Have you logged into the cameras firmware and set the video quality there?

My 5222l button says 480p and is greed out.  Info shows 640x352@5fps.

andoR

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 11:07:03 AM »

ok, I will try that. So if the quality in the firmware is set on 480p I can change it everywhere else (Browser etc.) but not on the official app? Seems a little bit strange, but I'm no expert on cameras.

Do you have a link with a explanation how to get into the firmware? I searched in the official DCS-5222L forum but there are only threads with which version and so on. Sorry for the dumb question ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »

ok, I will try that. So if the quality in the firmware is set on 480p I can change it everywhere else (Browser etc.) but not on the official app? Seems a little bit strange, but I'm no expert on cameras.

Do you have a link with a explanation how to get into the firmware? I searched in the official DCS-5222L forum but there are only threads with which version and so on. Sorry for the dumb question ;)

Enter the DCS-5222L IP address into the browser on a PC located on the same LAN as the camera.
Additional References: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC