• March 28, 2024, 09:55:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Limit FTP upload rate when using motion detection  (Read 3196 times)

Lars-Erik

• Level 1 Member
    • My personal homepage
Limit FTP upload rate when using motion detection
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:35:48 AM »

When selecting "always" or an interval for FTP you can set the framrate or number of seconds between each upload to the FTP server. But this uploads even if there is no motion detect, wasting space/time.

So I selected "motion detection" in stead. But then it floods my FTP server on each motion detect uploading several 100 images on each motion detect. Is there a way to control the framerate?

The framerate in the FTP setting is greyed out when selecting "motion detection" and it seems to ignore the framerate set in the "video" settings.

Think this camera lack lots of settings. It's hard to make it practical to use :-(

Have tried using the send mail when motion is detected, and that sort of works.
But using mail is not a good way to check the images :-(

(I was thinking about a web-page that flips though all images uploaded to my FTP-site)

Anyone have any good ideas. What I really want is to use FTP with motion detect, but limit the fremrate during motion detect to 1 frame pr second (would like that setting for e-mail as well, now the 6 fremes send in the e-mail are to close in time, 1 sec between them would have been much more usable)

acellier

• Level 4 Member
Re: Limit FTP upload rate when using motion detection
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:14:45 AM »

Several of us have complained (search other posts) before, about this.
We find that motion-triggered ftp to a LOCAL server results in this flood, with no control.
On the other hand, to a server across the continent, then it's about 2 fps.
But also, results in occasional zero-byte files due to uncompleted uploads.
So D-Link badly needs to fix this!