• April 16, 2024, 02:16:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Not obeying frames per second settings  (Read 3978 times)

acellier

• Level 4 Member
Not obeying frames per second settings
« on: September 04, 2011, 02:47:14 PM »

We nave a new DCS-932L, and a several month old DCS-930L, both with latest firmware.
I have set up both the same, enabled Motion detection across the two middle horizontal bands (fully across); no email; ftp enabled; Video set to 1 fps, quality="high", java.
The DCS-932L seems to ignore the frames per second settings; motion brings several seconds of 15 fps, generating maybe 50 image files in a burst.
The DCS-930L on the other hand also seems to ignore the settings in the opposite direction, and sometimes has trouble providing even one complete frame.
Is there some trick to making these things behave?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Not obeying frames per second settings
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »

I observed the same behavior (on the DCS-932L) some time ago. I'm guessing the frame capture rate for motion detection is hard coded at 15 FPS and not impacted by the user defined FPS setting for video. Just my two cents.

In either case, we have another "firmware wish list" entry. :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 04:08:24 PM »

Seems odd for the 2 very similar devices to be different in that regard.
It would make email upon motion detection out of the question, as the flood of messages to go through to collect the images would be terrible. It's bad enough flooding the ftp server.
By the way, I tried to post the same message in the 932 forum as it concerns both cameras. The forum software would not allow, saying first that I had posted too soon after the prior post; then saying I had already posted this message (even though I modified it).
Maybe it would have been better for the similar cameras to remain on one forum?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 07:31:23 PM »

Try the post again. Sometimes posting items too close together in time will kick back with an error.

I agree with you on the similarity of the cameras, which is why I attribute this to a firmware issue. Could be a simple programming oversight. Hard to say without knowing more.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 07:51:39 PM »

Maybe it would have been better for the similar cameras to remain on one forum?

Until a month ago, there were no dedicated forums for the DCS-930L and DCS-932L. All of the posts were haphazardly posted in other pseudo-relevant forums. Keep in mind that the DCS-940L and DCS-942L are coming out shortly, so keeping things separate may seem redundant now, but will prove less chaotic once the new models are released.