• March 29, 2024, 03:19:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The specified network password is not correct  (Read 35917 times)

KK

Re: The specified network password is not correct
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 12:13:22 AM »

Actually I am still facing the problem every now and then.  Keeping the time synchronized doesn't really solve the problem completely.

Dlink: any resolution?

dijitald

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 09:19:41 AM »

i made some progress and thought I'd report it. I had an AHA! moment when I figured out the USERNAME is case sensitive. This may have been noted in the instructions somewhere (which I didn't read), but it is counterintuitive since this is not the way Windows works. So make sure you're using the right case. For your intermittent problem, I'm sure this is not the issue (I hope I never hit that issue). I also had an issue with a strong password (uses letters, numbers, and punctuation). When I reset it to a simpler password it worked, but another time, the strong password worked. So maybe this IS the intermittent problem you've had and it was the password reset itself that fixed me. I guess time will tell.

good luck and if you make any progress please report it here as there are many people having this issue on a number of DLink devices.

pm28

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 01:43:41 PM »

I was having this issue on one laptop. I was mapping 2 network drives to the DNS-323 using a batch file. On the XP machine both drives mapped okay. On the Vista machine the second drive mapping would fail with the incorrect password error even though this was the exact same as the first drive mapping which successfully mounted. My solution to this was altering the username to include the IP address of the DNS-323 in the batch file and this allowed for both drives to map successfully.

net use o: \\192.168.x.x\sharename password /user:192.168.x.x\username

I hope this helps out.

PM
Pages: 1 [2]