• April 15, 2024, 11:49:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware 1.05 Fix Did Not Work - Worse than Before  (Read 6712 times)

jonesb

• Level 2 Member
Firmware 1.05 Fix Did Not Work - Worse than Before
« on: October 21, 2008, 06:04:42 AM »

DLink email support advised that I upgrade again the firmware for the WBR-2310

After upgrading to Firmware 1.05 (not the beta version), the wireless worked for approximately three days straight (about 72 hours). Then it crashed completely. No signal at all. With firmwares 1.04 and 1.03 at least the signal remained on the air - even though connectivity has been lost. As before, a cold power off / power on reboot resumed the signal and connectivity.

From reading these forums on the WBR-2310, it seems that this is a problem-plagued device - be it issues with the firmware or the hardware. I think DLink owes it tho those who purchased this router to post some sort of all-encompassing solution to the loss of wireless service (after all, that is the purpose of the router).

Thanks

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
Re: Firmware 1.05 Fix Did Not Work - Worse than Before
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 08:38:51 AM »

Does this behavior continue if you downgrade the firmware?

RussellM

• Level 2 Member
    • D-Link Technical Support
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 11:12:12 AM »

DLink email support advised that I upgrade again the firmware for the WBR-2310

After upgrading to Firmware 1.05 (not the beta version), the wireless worked for approximately three days straight (about 72 hours). Then it crashed completely. No signal at all. With firmwares 1.04 and 1.03 at least the signal remained on the air - even though connectivity has been lost. As before, a cold power off / power on reboot resumed the signal and connectivity.

From reading these forums on the WBR-2310, it seems that this is a problem-plagued device - be it issues with the firmware or the hardware. I think DLink owes it tho those who purchased this router to post some sort of all-encompassing solution to the loss of wireless service (after all, that is the purpose of the router).

Thanks

Hello jonesb,

Feel free to look in http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=2629.0 for a similar discussion/work arounds.

Do you also have revision A? Also, like Lycan asked, does this behavior continue if you downgrade the firmware? I understand that you may be having the same issue as another person, so additional information would be great.

Best of Luck,

Russell

jonesb

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 06:50:49 AM »

See my post under "bjrichus" above.

Firmware was downgraded to 1.05 and better results may be happening.  Too soon to tell.

formulaben

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 12:56:38 PM »

Does this behavior continue if you downgrade the firmware?

I have the same problem as above.  Which version of firmware do you recommend to downgrade to?

jonesb

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 04:42:10 AM »

My mistake above.

Go back to 1.04 and see my other post in above thread.