• March 28, 2024, 01:41:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Will scheduled reboot still go ahead after a crash?  (Read 9714 times)

cptstubing

• Level 1 Member
Will scheduled reboot still go ahead after a crash?
« on: November 05, 2017, 08:54:21 AM »

Hi,
I am curious if anyone has had success with a scheduled reboot after the camera crashes.

At times, I find when using the web portal to config the camera, it will crash and become unresponsive.  I need to unplug and plug in the camera if this is the case.

If I am away from home for a week though, I obviously cannot do this.

So, will a scheduled reboot still work?  I have the camera set to reboot everyday at midnight.

Thanks

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
Re: Will scheduled reboot still go ahead after a crash?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 08:16:56 AM »

It depends. If the camera is crashing completely then the services running in the background would also be crashed out including the schedule reboot. If the camera is having trouble communicating with your AP/Router due to poor signal and rebooting seems to fix it, then a schedule reboot will help there. The camera shouldn't be crashing out completely in the first place.

BAMoh

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:40:11 PM »

I have the same question. So you are saying once the reboot schedule is requested, the direction lie in the camera's hardware memory? Therefore as long as its powered the reboot should happen as scheduled? The reason for the need to reboot results from inability to view the cam live sometimes. There is no red X in the app and the cam is still accessible via the web interface to request a manual reboot when this happens. This really seems to plague the 9 series cams. Happens every few weeks. I have never had any issues with the 5 series. And its not a WIFI signal issue as the 9 series can be near the router or even connected by LAN cable. I think DLINK needs to look into this if they even give a flying hoot. Also make the reboot commands and scheduling accessible via the app would be great. This has been requested many times but it seems again DLINK doesnt give a flying hoot. Fix it.
"That's laughable...."  Impress me. Need COMPETENT help.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 08:57:45 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
How many cameras do you have?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
How many other wireless devices do you have connected to the main host router?
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?

I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.25  DHCP

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

Hi,
I am curious if anyone has had success with a scheduled reboot after the camera crashes.

At times, I find when using the web portal to config the camera, it will crash and become unresponsive.  I need to unplug and plug in the camera if this is the case.

If I am away from home for a week though, I obviously cannot do this.

So, will a scheduled reboot still work?  I have the camera set to reboot everyday at midnight.

Thanks
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JJdaCool

• Level 1 Member
  • i
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 12:17:54 AM »

No, the scheduled reboot does not survive a system crash on my 2530.

When it crashes, which is once about every 1 or 2 weeks, for me it does not respond to the local url or any apps.
And it will stay crashed for longer than a week, ( or at least until I unplug it and plug it back in ).
 If you are still having the problem with your 2530 not self rebooting,
then I would recommend getting a wifi smart plug or a simple outlet timer for this type of camera.
Its not a perfect solution, but a temp fix until Dlink can update their firmware so it works. (Hopefully)

( Just info, my dcs-2530L is fw 1.03.01 , hw A , agent 2.2.0-b09 .)

Yo!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 11:05:23 AM »

You may want to contact D-Link support and talk to someone about your camera crashing. It should not be crashing.

No, the scheduled reboot does not survive a system crash on my 2530.

When it crashes, which is once about every 1 or 2 weeks, for me it does not respond to the local url or any apps.
And it will stay crashed for longer than a week, ( or at least until I unplug it and plug it back in ).
 If you are still having the problem with your 2530 not self rebooting,
then I would recommend getting a wifi smart plug or a simple outlet timer for this type of camera.
Its not a perfect solution, but a temp fix until Dlink can update their firmware so it works. (Hopefully)

( Just info, my dcs-2530L is fw 1.03.01 , hw A , agent 2.2.0-b09 .)

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.