• March 28, 2024, 04:51:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What is APKG Modules  (Read 18897 times)

brjmac

• Level 1 Member
What is APKG Modules
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:58:27 PM »

I upgraded to Firmware 1.08 and I'm looking for the APKG modules.  I can't seem to find where they are or how they are loaded.  I want the NFS support.  I don't see it in the GUI either.

Thanks

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
Re: What is APKG Modules
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 01:04:48 PM »

Look in the Apps and Firmware folders here: ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/dns323/
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

lescarlson

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »

GunrunnerJohn,
Where do I look to find out what these modules do? Once installed to the 323 are there permanent changes made to the machine? Changes that can't be undone? Is it possible to uninstall these modules with out any repercussions?

I am curious to find out what these modules do but am leery to install without knowing something about what I'm getting into.

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:25:22 PM »

Just google the names. You will find lots of information about what they do. If you don't need the functionality, just don't install them, but they can be removed if you do install them.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

mosil

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 05:40:35 PM »

brjmac > Once installed you have the option to Play or Stop it. If you are not happy with it you can delete it and get back to the previous state without any issues.

bskoreyko

• Level 1 Member
Using the NFS APKG Modules - D-Link DNS-323
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:03:04 AM »

Hi there! Thanks for the helpful post... I currently have a Linux server which I am trying to connect to the newly installed DLINK DNS-323 NFS share. On my DNS-323 I have created the following share:

Host: 192.168.0.36
Path: Volume_1/backup/test
REal path: /mnt/HD_a2/backup/test
Root squash: Yes
R/W: Yes

This is how I am trying to mount the above NFS share:

mount -t nfs 192.168.0.36:Volume_1/backup/test dlink-dns-323

However each time I try to mount the NFS share I get the following error:

mount 192.168.0.36:Volume_1/backup/test failed, reason given by server: Permission Denied

Perhaps my NFS mount command is wrong but you should know I have also tried changing the mount path. Assuming the NFS APKG is working right then I have to be doing something wrong however based on the FULL read/write permissions given to then "test" directory I should be able to mount the NFS share.

Thank you in advance!

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 09:39:46 AM »

It should be mount 192.168.0.36:/mnt/HD_a2/backup/test as the path not volume_1. Volume_1 is the SMB/CIFS path.

bskoreyko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 04:01:02 PM »

Hello, thank you for the prompt reply. Here is the error I receive when trying to mount the share:

[root@server servername]# mount 192.168.0.36:/mnt/HD_a2/backup/test tmp
mount: mount to NFS server '192.168.0.36' failed: System Error: Connection refused.

I am not sure why I would receive this error, there is no where to set user permissions under the NFS tab... Not sure where to go from here?

Thanks,

dns-323

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 08:34:33 AM »

But how do you install it?  ???

I can download them from the FTP but I cannot find any install instructions or an interface..

dns-323

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 08:38:09 AM »

Nevermind.. I found it...

Advanced -> Add On's  8)

dns-323

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 10:35:11 AM »

Ok.. now I am on the same page.. I am trying to add the NFS storage to my vmware ESXi and I am also getting permission denied message. Where can we set permissions on NFS storage? I have given full read write permission to the folder and used Real path for mapping...

Thanks..

dns-323

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 10:47:36 AM »

I got it.. I was taking the Hostname field to be the destination host while setting up NFS. I just found out it needs to be the source ip. This is fantastic.. Thanks D-link..

Rodent

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 04:37:40 PM »

I got it.. I was taking the Hostname field to be the destination host while setting up NFS. I just found out it needs to be the source ip. This is fantastic.. Thanks D-link..

Glad its working for you...

This is to D-link....For a device that you guys are calling a home device it nice to know that when I get my vmware ESX server up and running like the 100's maybe 1000's (or maybe just 1 or 2) of other home users I can turn it into an ESX storage unit, but when it comes to what a lot more users are requesting like anonymous shares while having access controlled folders, this is beyond your capabilities.

Let’s get your priorities straight and work for the masses and not the minority...

R.

bskoreyko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 11:01:22 PM »

dns-323, how did you mount the nfs directory? I am unable to do it via the command line, were you using the GUI... I am still unable to mount the nfs directory... my share is setup but i cannot access, nfs is started... so what am i missing?

1) how did you setup your share on the dns-323

2) how did you mount the nfs directory on your linux machine

Thanks,
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:04:29 PM by bskoreyko »

beefert

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 10:33:27 PM »

Try installing mount.nfs. It is a subcommand of 'mount' and is installed when you install the nfsutils package for linux.
Pages: [1] 2