• April 16, 2024, 01:52:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Router keeps rebooting every now and then  (Read 2322 times)

cryspower

• Level 1 Member
Router keeps rebooting every now and then
« on: November 20, 2018, 07:53:33 AM »

I am from Malaysia. sorry to be posting here , but I got this router this morning. after setting it up (provider is TM Unifi btw) , I noticed that it tends to reboot every now and then , could be half an hour or an hour or 2. so I upgraded its firmware to 1.11 , but it still happened. I tried some other tips such as disabling the smart connect and manually connecting to channels, still happens. irritating especially when watching a streamed movie or something.
I am out of ideas, and had emailed the d-link support, my previous router did not have such problems so i figured it couldn't be the providers modems issue, as there weren't any reboot on it whenever the router rebooted. while waiting for the support to come back, was wondering if there's anyone here who can advise me.
Thanks.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Router keeps rebooting every now and then
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »

It could be the modem with this particular router. What brand/model is your modem?

Many users have this issue in the US with certain cable modems. I personally did too with same behavior as you. I got a different modem and everything works good.