• April 16, 2024, 09:08:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thoughts on 1.10 Beta 7?  (Read 21222 times)

thejinx6

• Level 1 Member
Thoughts on 1.10 Beta 7?
« on: April 12, 2011, 11:49:01 AM »

Thanks for another beta release D-Link Engs... good to see frequent releases of beta code that shows the engineers are working hard to hopefully fix any issues and incorporate some requested features...

Just put it on my C1 box to see if there is anything shiny in there that may save the world but was wondering what other peoples thoughts were?

Not much in the release notes but I've yet to take a close look...

htmlspinnr

Re: Thoughts on 1.10 Beta 7?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 02:06:42 PM »

Still hasn't resolved the printing issue. It seems that resetting to defaults did solve this for a couple of weeks for b6, however yesterday the "disconnect" between smbd and lpd has returned. Updating to b7 affected no change.

I've tried purging /mnt/HD_a4/.lpd and rebooting (which recreates the dir), but that only provided an ability to see my jobs stack up (vs. nothing before).

What does seem to fix it, however, is killing smbd and relaunching after rebooting. Perhaps smbd is launching prior to lpd (or w/ an incomplete config?).

mobilejukebox

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 04:57:18 PM »

D-Link still has work to do on the print server code.  Why is upgrading the code blowing out the print server?  After going through hell resetting the box to defaults after applying 1.10 rev 6, rebuilding my entire UPnP Server list and finally getting the printer to print 1.10 rev 7 breaks the printing again.

Rev 7 also doesn't fix an issue introduced by 1.10 rev 5.  That issue is a server disconnect after 30 minutes of video streaming.

See my original post --> http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=14777.msg121457#msg121457
And the follow-up --> http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=14777.msg124927#msg124927
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:25:24 PM by mobilejukebox »

jrbilodeau

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 05:17:42 AM »

After going through hell resetting the box to defaults after applying 1.10 rev 6, rebuilding my entire UPnP Server list and finally getting the printer to print 1.10 rev 7 breaks the printing again.

No offence, but this is a beta. If you don't want to deal with issue or inconviniences it might be best to wait until the official release.

Also it is always best to restore to default settings after a firmware upgrade no matter what the hardware is.

I'm not denying that D-Link needs to fix the issue, just saying that with any new developement, expect to see some bumps in the road. I'm sure they appreciate the feedback.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:20:12 AM by jrbilodeau »

mobilejukebox

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 07:05:34 PM »

Agreed.  I guess I just had an attitude that night.

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 05:02:02 AM »

Hi !  Just bought a Sony BDP-S570 and am hoping to stream pictures and music to it from my DNS-323.  First thing I did was upgrade from 1.08 to 1.10b and have been struggling with various issues. B7 seems to be able to stream mp3 but not wmv or m4a (both of which are supported on the BDP), but prior beta version was able to stream wmv (had not tried m4a at that time).  Looks like uPNP AV behaviour is changing from one beta to the next, and still isn't working right.  Wondering if I should wait for next beta (and keep my fingers crossed) or throw in the towel and go the twonky route.  Would prefer a DLINK solution to an aftermarket one ...  If anyone has experience or advice, would appreciate.  Did notice that my fan problems are now fixed - fan actually does shut down by itself when set on auto (fan was always on under 1.08).  Also noticed that my disk capacity on the status menu still reads 0 MB with -1 MB free ... even though I have a pair of 1TB HDD in there with very little on them ...

TJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 06:41:02 PM »

I'm still getting the "%20" space problem under beta7. I hope this is gone by the final release!

terminator_1967

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »

My experience with this firmware so far:

Pros:
- DNS acts fast as always
- network access seems to be very fast as well
- no problems with windows 7 and the update procedure

Cons
- File access from a DLNA client (My LG BD390) is much slower and with delays compared to FW 1.09
- The new DLNA server gives network accessibility errors (tried with LAN and WLAN). It IS an issue of the DNS-323. Have flashed back to 1.09 and the problems are gone
- the new DLNA server does not recognize all the same file formats as the FW 1.09 does.

Wouldn't it be better to keep the DLNA server from FW 1.09 and just upgrade it instead implementing a new one? I want to upgrade to 1.10 because of 2 TB drives but with this "unreliable" upnp av server I cannot stay. I hope DLink will fix these errors instead of releaseing a firmware 1.10bx with permanent beta status. Otherwise I will use the alternative firmware Alt-F-0.1B7 as soon as Jcard has added the 2TB drive support.

Thank you and regards

Tom

pkarlos_76

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 10:01:43 PM »

I sure hope they fix all the bugs from previous versions of the firmware plus the current ones before they release this firmware...

OH and one more thing, anyone know why the NAS device goes into a weird mode with constant access to my 1 TB drive on the right side for several days, I tried leaving it and kept going clicking away each day, so only way to resolve it is to reset the device, I wish there was an easy way to see waht the device is doing to the drive ie activity monitor in the status page!

ddalley

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »

I have two 323s now, so is there any reason to worry about copying files from old drives to the other 323 set up with 4k drives?

I'm thinking there should not be a problem, of course, but I'm just checking before the new box is populated with drives.

mvejvoda

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 02:01:31 PM »

Dude, it will take MUCH longer to copy over the network (even at 1GB speed), I'd put the drives into your computer, boot up with a Linux Live CD, mount the drivers and copy files locally from one to the other. The longer it takes to copy, the higher chance something will stop / abort the copy process and make your very frustrated.

dcx_badass

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 12:42:33 AM »

Dude, it will take MUCH longer to copy over the network (even at 1GB speed), I'd put the drives into your computer, boot up with a Linux Live CD, mount the drivers and copy files locally from one to the other. The longer it takes to copy, the higher chance something will stop / abort the copy process and make your very frustrated.

I did that with mine, and when back in the NAS got permission denied on every single file and folder, used Ubuntu.

TJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 04:22:15 PM »

I'm faily certain that I could stream .flv flash videos in FW 1.09. Is there a list someplace of the file types and specifics CODECS the upnp server in 1.10 can handle?

Is nobody else seeing the "%20" space problem on a PS3? Someone from D-Link said they would try on their test PS3, but never heard from them again...

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 03:55:38 AM »

I have 2 DNS-323.  The 1st one is running fine with 1.09 and non-raid setup.

Here's the problem on 2nd nas
Firmware 1.09 - 2 hard drive on non-raid.  Max temp only reaches 48C and the fan will auto run to keep this temp.  I have this setup since last year.  No issue on fan.

Firmware 1.10 - upgraded to beta 7.  Same drive.  Temp now reaches 51C on idle.  Fan is not automatically run when there's no drive activity (Network access/Admin signon).  If I telnet or signon to admin page, the temp goes back to 42-48C range because fan is running. 

Btw, my fan it set to Low/High.... and funplug shows the fan speed is zero!!!!  then it will become 6000rpm within seconds after I telnet.  So definitely there is a bug on 1.10b7 fan

SkyNet

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 08:07:44 AM »

Temp now reaches 51C on idle.  Fan is not automatically run when there's no drive activity (Network access/Admin signon).  If I telnet or signon to admin page, the temp goes back to 42-48C range because fan is running. 

Btw, my fan it set to Low/High.... and funplug shows the fan speed is zero!!!!  then it will become 6000rpm within seconds after I telnet.  So definitely there is a bug on 1.10b7 fan

I have exactly the same problem.
How did you resolve it?
Pages: [1] 2