• April 23, 2024, 02:04:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D524 Wireless router Accessing Internet through Verizon router  (Read 3232 times)

mbosetti

• Level 1 Member

Please excuse my lack of proficiency with your forum but hopefully someone can advise me. My 524 Dlink router worked fine when used on a cable modem. I recently changed to another ISP and their cable modem includes a built in wireless router with 4 LAN ports. That means the 524 must get internet access through another router instead of going directly to a cable modem.
Ordinarily I would just eliminate the 524 but I need it for wireless access of my cell phone. A feature the cable modem/router can't provide.
The problem: I have fine internet access thru the cable router but the 524 cannot find the internet even though the cable box sees it on the network and assigns it an IP address. I am using the WAN port on the 524 to connect to one of the LAN ports on the cable modem/router.
The cable/router is using WEP security with a network key.
Should this work? If so, can anyone suggest what needs to be done?
TIA

zkhaial

• Level 1 Member
Re: D524 Wireless router Accessing Internet through Verizon router
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 02:29:30 PM »

Check the IP addesss on your wan port.

Your Verizon router could be using the same subnet as your D-524 router.

ZK