• March 28, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: mydlink Lite App - Feature Wishlist  (Read 181893 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: mydlink Lite App - Feature Wishlist
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2014, 05:43:19 AM »

When using Passive Infrared as the trigger, it takes many steps over the actual HTTP interface to control it.
1. Add motion detection and PIR master toggle into the app interface.
2. Improve motion detection toggle accessibility, so that it can be toggled from the camera list.
3. Allow toggle for several/all cameras in the list with one selection. (Stored selection checkboxes?)

Notices:
There already is the motion detection master setting in the camera / settings. So the motion detection master toggle is already implemented. It could be easier to toggle, and it does not change PIR trigger mode. The motion detection toggle is also behind several steps, inside camera settings. The camera settings can not be reached in landscape mode. The selection should be quicker, hopefully in the camera list, as a button or checkbox with each camera.

If there is several cameras, then toggling them in groups would be great. The easiest this could be done in the camera list, with selection checkbox, and then extra button at the top or bottom to toggle them all. The selections could be remembered across the app executions, so you can toggle a certain set of cameras with quick selection.

Even better would be camera grouping, and adding group control for the multi-toggle, but that would need the group selection and storing user interface.

EDIT:
Looks like there are several detection methods in various camera models.
Perhaps all these could be combined under general "detection trigger toggle"?

Either the App could toggle them on/off, or the cameras themselves could allow this kind of centralized functionality. And of course those people who want to keep two different modes in various conditions could still use the UI. Or the toggle could be app-level combination selection of several toggles, depending on the camera type and user selections.

Added to the wishlist...  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2014, 05:47:07 AM »

This wishlist contains suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link software releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest release, please post and I'll update!

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• General - Ability for the app to run in the background to perform other tasks
  • General - Option to select JPEG using manual refresh button rather than 240/480 (to accommodate slow connections)
  • Security - Add passcode lock
  • Security - Add "Remember Password" feature for iOS
  • Support - DCS-2132L - Provide ePTZ controls
  • Support - DCS-2332L- App takes approximately 1 minute to appear after firmware v1.01.03 update
  • Support - DCS-5010L/5020L - Pan/Tilt controls on mydlink Lite do not work properly when the Mirror and Invert options are selected on the camera web UI
  • Support - DCS-5222L - Option to move camera to preset positions
  • Support - DCS-5222L - Playback options
  • Support - DCS-6010L - Option to select user defined video profile (i.e. Remove dependency to video profile 3 with H.264 512kpbs)
  • Support - DNS-327L - Option to play video recorded by the My Surveillance app
  • Ability to access and modify camera settings
  • Add control to manually set the digital output port state (available on the web UI)
  • Ability for the app to save multiple account settings (i.e. multiple username/password settings)
  • Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Ability to remote reboot linked cameras
  • Ability to select video profile (i.e. 1, 2,3, or 4 )
  • Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with accessing camera web interface)
  • Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • Motion Detection - Include all motion detection types (passive IR and PIR) to the motion detection on/off toggle button
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable/disable motion detection
  • Motion Detection - Option to enabled/disable motion detection on all cameras with one button
  • Pan/Tilt - Smooth panning through dragging camera
  • Security - Phone alarm (or beep within the app) activated upon a motion detection event
  • Support Retina iPad display
  • Video - H.264 support for H.264 enabled Cloud cameras
  • When viewing a live feed (from DCS522L/7010L) display the state of the digital input line
  • [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App disables SD Recording (observed with DCS-942L)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App sets the snapshoot trigger to "Always" [FIXED!]
  • App does not properly fit iPhone 5 screen size [FIXED!]
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen) [FIXED!]
  • Add ability to adjust Night Mode (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface [FIXED!]
  • mydlink Lite - Include audio playback capability [FIXED!]

maxima.lyj

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2014, 10:07:54 PM »

pls add support the DCL-825L.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2014, 05:24:33 AM »

pls add support the DCL-825L.

Added to the list. . .  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2014, 05:25:35 AM »

This wishlist contains suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link software releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest release, please post and I'll update!

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• General - Option to select JPEG using manual refresh button rather than 240/480 (to accommodate slow connections)
  • Support - DCS-2332L- App takes approximately 1 minute to appear after firmware v1.01.03 update
  • Support - DCS-5010L/5020L - Pan/Tilt controls on mydlink Lite do not work properly when the Mirror and Invert options are selected on the camera web UI
  • Support - DCS-5222L - Option to move camera to preset positions
  • Support - DCS-6010L - Option to select user defined video profile (i.e. Remove dependency to video profile 3 with H.264 512kpbs)
  • Support - DCS-825L - Add support for this camera
  • Add control to manually set the digital output port state (available on the web UI)
  • Ability for the app to save multiple account settings (i.e. multiple username/password settings)
  • Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with accessing camera web interface)
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • Motion Detection - Include all motion detection types (passive IR and PIR) to the motion detection on/off toggle button
  • Motion Detection - Option to enabled/disable motion detection on all cameras with one button
  • Security - Phone alarm (or beep within the app) activated upon a motion detection event
  • When viewing a live feed (from DCS522L/7010L) display the state of the digital input line
  • [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App disables SD Recording (observed with DCS-942L)

• [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App sets the snapshoot trigger to "Always" [FIXED!]
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen) [FIXED!]
  • Add ability to adjust Night Mode (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface [FIXED!]

ckh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 06:50:35 AM »

One of the feature I would like to see most is to make "Go To - Preset List" available. As you know on mobile it depending a lot on network speed so in order to make control at ease, a direct command to the position we like to see is very important.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 07:38:38 AM »

One of the feature I would like to see most is to make "Go To - Preset List" available. As you know on mobile it depending a lot on network speed so in order to make control at ease, a direct command to the position we like to see is very important.

Already listed for specific cameras, will add as a more general request.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2014, 07:39:55 AM »

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• Support - Pan/Tilt Cameras - Ability to select preset positions for supported camera models

ckh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2014, 07:42:14 AM »

Already listed for specific cameras, will add as a more general request.

Too bad it isn't available for DCS-5222L

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2014, 07:51:13 AM »

Too bad it isn't available for DCS-5222L

The mydlink mobile apps do not presently support access to preset positions for any Cloud camera models.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2014, 08:44:47 AM »

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• Support - Pan/Tilt Cameras - Ability to select preset positions for supported camera models

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2014, 05:54:27 AM »

Please post a reply if you know of any items in this wishlist that were already addressed in recent app updates!

tks

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2014, 02:27:51 AM »

I am using the latest mydlink Lite App on my iPhone.

"Go to Preset positions" now supported. Nice! But should have gone one step further to support "Patrol"

Does not seem to support video playback for DCS-6010L (Fisheye) but no problem with video playback for my other cameras: DCS-5222L and DCS-942L. I have posted a query on this separately.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2014, 08:02:48 AM »

I am using the latest mydlink Lite App on my iPhone.

"Go to Preset positions" now supported. Nice! But should have gone one step further to support "Patrol"

I don't see an option to go to preset positions on the latest Android version (re: DCS-5020L). I'll have to check using an iPhone later today.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2014, 07:22:41 AM »

mydlink Lite Wishlist

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7