• April 25, 2024, 02:09:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: DNS-325 - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 467795 times)

Her_Kitty_Daddy

• Level 2 Member
Re: DNS-325 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #360 on: May 19, 2014, 09:24:01 AM »

I think we're on the same page now. You're looking for the equivalent of the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard that was included in Windows XP, with check boxes for shares, NW configurations, etc.

Dunno, I avoid MS-Windows. :)

I'll trust your opinion on it.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #361 on: May 19, 2014, 09:25:25 AM »

Dunno, I avoid MS-Windows. :)

I'll trust your opinion on it.

LOL . . . adding to the firmware wishlist and scrubbing the old version...  :o
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #362 on: May 19, 2014, 09:28:11 AM »

The following DNS-325 Firmware Wishlist contains the collective suggestions provided by the DNS-325 D-Link forum community, and may not reflect actual changes to current or future firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-325 Wishlist

• General - Ability to access and move files/directories on a USB storage device using the DNS-325 file manager
  • General - Ability to access HTTP web management via an alternate port (for security reasons)
  • General - Ability to configure NAS options using Telnet via an alternate port (for security)
  • General - Ability to configure the date format (e.g. YYYY-MM-DD)
  • General - Ability to create a hidden share (e.g. similar to the use of "$" in Windows)
  • General - Ability to provide FTP access to DNS-325 directories without requiring the directories are first established as shared
  • General - Ability to restore deleted files contained in the on-board "Recycle" folder
  • General - Ability to send email notification to multiple email accounts
  • General - Ability to rename NAS root volume names (i.e. rather than Volume_1)
  • General - Ability to restrict/grant access to USB attached storage to designated user accounts
  • General - Ability to specify a user defined name for a shared directory rather than defaulting to the actual directory name
  • General - Add Kernel support of iptables and ip6tables
  • General - Add OpenVPN server support
  • General - Concurrent spin-up of both HDDs for RAID 1 (to reduce access delay)
  • General - Correlate temperature to fan speed in email log entries (i.e. add HDD/system temperature to each fan log entry)
  • General - Danish language pack
  • General - Documented and configurable UPS support
  • General - IE 10 Support
  • General - Integrated file browser (with ability to delete files and directories)
  • General - LAMP Server (Apache+MySQL+PHP)
  • General - Option to configure fan behavior based on temperature thresholds[/color] (Please see original post, here)
  • General - Option to create a share directory when creating a new user account  (See original request here)
  • General - Plex Support
  • General - Services configured with DYNDNS DDNS directs to the local IP (192.168.x.x) and not the outside IP (i.e. ISP)
  • General - SNMP MIB support
  • General - Status Info - Display current fan speed (i.e. RPM or Off/Low/Med/High)[
  • General - Status page displaying the percent usage or actual storage used for quotas established for each user group
  • General - Support for power-on NAS via wake-on-LAN (WOL)
  • General - Support for power-on on a schedule
  • General - Support for storing live video from IP security camera(s)
  • General - Support for Active Directory Services (i.e. Adapt ADS plugin from DNS-343)
  • General - S.M.A.R.T. - Option to schedule multiple S.M.A.R.T. tests for different HDDs
  • General - SVN Server
  • General - System - Ability to control features/applications via SSH CLI style interface
  • General - System - Option to clear system log after log file email, when log is full, or on a schedule
  • General - Team Speak 3 application server support
  • General - User customized reports (ability to select variables to report against)
  • General - Volume should retain their name when moved to different slots (e.g. a HDD named "Volume_1" in slot-1 should retain the name "Volume_1" when moved to slot-2)
  • General - When ShareCenter HDDs are formatted, user configurations that are dependent on the original volume(s) should be removed (i.e. users, groups, shares, etc.)
  • Audio Streamer - Ability to edit a newly created playlist (i.e. edit port number, list name, and song contents)
  • App - General - Ability for user to designate volume/location for application installation
  • App - General - Add user friendly application to play multimedia from a PC
  • App - General - Application management via PC terminal or IOS Android
  • App - PhotoCenter - App has no interface to configure, manage, or add/edit content (i.e. no way to create photo album)
  • App - PhotoCenter - ShareCenter user session credentials not passed to the app (i.e. users must double authenticate)
  • App - PhotoCenter - Update Gallery App version (newer iterations have improved functionality and ease of use)
  • App - General - Provide information and resources for third parties to develop applications
  • App - General - Replace current mt-daapd/Firefly-based iTunes Server with AirPlay-capable forked-daapd code
  • App - P2P - Ability to add more than one torrent at a time through the web interface
  • App - P2P - Ability to add/delete torrent trackers (in the "Downloading" and "Stop Download" states)
  • App - P2P - Ability to add greater than 20 (or unlimited) hosted torrents
  • App - P2P - Ability to open a directory from Volume_1 or P2P and ability to show/hide
  • App - P2P - Option to automatically delete completed torrents and start the next torrent in the queue (i.e. to maintain the maximum number of configured simultaneous downloads)
  • App - P2P - Option to configure P2P bandwidth limits during peak use hours (See original request here)
  • App - P2P - Option to define the maximum number of active downloads
  • App - P2P - Option to set separate schedules for download versus upload availability (e.g. download 2 AM - 8 AM, upload 12 AM - 12 AM)
  • App - P2P - Time remaining for download to complete
  • App - P2P - Support for direct download websites (e.g. Megaupload)
  • App - P2P - Support for magnetic link (rather than just torrents)
  • App - P2P - Support for Pyload
  • App - SqueezeCenter - Ability to install SqueezeCenter plugins (i.e. plugins will not install at the typical Linux plugin pat)
  • App - SqueezeCenter - Support for the latest Squeezebox server (reported by multiple users)
  • General - Suport for syslogd messages and ability to log syslogd messages within a predefined file or share directory
  • App - Surveillance Center - Support for more recent D-Link Cloud Cameras
  • App - Time Machine - Incompatibility issue with OS X 10.7.1 (reported by multiple users)
  • Backup - Add option in backup application to synchronize rather than backup
  • Backup - Add option to send status email for completed scheduled backups
  • Backup - Cloud storage support (e.g. CrashPlan, Dropbox, ZumoDrive, SkyDrive, Spideroak, Tonido, etc.)
  • Backup - Designate USB HDD as the target destination for the integrated "Local Backup" functionality
  • Backup - Option to automatically continue/retry failed or interrupted backups
  • Backup - Option to use a host name (e.g. xyz123.com) as a remote IP
  • Backup - Rsync backups not requiring Rsync daemon
  • Backup - Support for Amazon Glacier
  • Configuration Settings - Replace Configuration Settings option with an intelligent Wizard containing the option to pick-and-choose which settings to restore (or not restore) in the export file (e.g. user accounts, groups, shares, network settings, etc.). This feature would prove invaluable for migrating specific settings to other ShareCenter devices
  • DLNA - Additional video container/codec support to broaden range of compatible devices (e.g. Sony TV, Android devices, etc.)
  • DLNA - Album listing should be in track# order (currently alphabetical)
  • DLNA - Improve handling of "Album Artist" and "Artist" tags when creating multimedia library to avoid splitting single music album to multiple albums when listing
  • GUI - Display all ports used by the NAS and NAS applications
  • GUI - Mobile device friendly web interface
  • GUI - More user friendly/streamlined web interface
  • GUI - Spanish language translation is incomplete (e.g. mail notifications)
  • GUI - Themed GUI option (e.g. PC, MAC, Linux)
  • Hibernation - Hibernation fails if iTunes server is enabled
  • Hibernation - Hibernation fails if "oplocks" is enabled (in "Network Share Settings")
  • Hibernation - Hibernation fails when P2P torrent completes, despite user settings to stop seeding (i.e. P2P continues seeding regardless of user settings and hibernation fails)
  • Hibernation - If HDDs are in hibernation, add ability to power down DNS-325 without waking-up HDDs
  • UPnP - Add Subtitle (*.srt, *sub) support for media files in "UPNP AV SERVER"
  • USB - Add Copy Status indicating the quantity of data transfered and transfer rate
  • Bug - Network share settings are not saved following reboot when Debian Squeeze is started on the DNS-325
  • Bug - Local Backup functionality does not function with OSX
  • Bug - SSH Keys are deleted following reboot, preventing SSH backups (FW v1.02)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• General - IPV6 Support [FIXED!]
  • Hibernation - Hibernation fails if mydlink Cloud service is running [FIXED!]
  • GUI - Privileges in the folder properties screen are not clearly defined [FIXED!]
  • General - Improve 3TB HDD support [FIXED!]
  • General - Recurring schedule for S.M.A.R.T. test [FIXED!]
  • General - Time Machine OS X 10.7 Lion compatibility [FIXED!]
  • GUI - Add NAS resource utilization graph (i.e. CPU, memory, network)tion) on the "Storage Status" page [FIXED!]
  • GUI - Control to change the default "Help" setting to "Hide" OR "Show" ("Hide": users must proactively click "?" to open help. "Show": Help is always visible) [FIXED!]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:40:35 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #363 on: July 08, 2014, 07:58:21 AM »

D-Link released v2.02 of the Surveillance Center Add-on, enabling support for many of the new D-Link Cloud cameras and support for Chrome and Firefox.

Download Link

Surveillance Center v2.02 Release Notes

• [New Feature] New Cameras Supported: DCS-2132L, DCS-931L, DCS-933L, DCS-5010L, DCS-5020L, DCS-2310L, DCS-2332L, DCS-6010L, DCS-7010L
  • [New Feature] Supports generic D-Link model which complies NIPCA protocol
  • [New Feature] Added storage usage status chart
  • [Enhancements] Compatible with Chrome and Firefox browser on Windows platform
  • [Enhancements] Remember previous position in Playback view
  • [Enhancements] Update camera list UI in "Camera setup", "Audio and video", and "Recording Setup"
  • [Enhancements] Administrator can see camera password
  • [Bug Fix] Reduced occasional noise on video recording

Please post your comments and observations here: DNS-325 - Add-Ons Comments & Observations

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #364 on: July 08, 2014, 07:58:59 AM »

The following DNS-325 Firmware Wishlist contains the collective suggestions provided by the DNS-325 D-Link forum community, and may not reflect actual changes to current or future firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-325 Wishlist

• General - Ability to access and move files/directories on a USB storage device using the DNS-325 file manager
  • General - Ability to access HTTP web management via an alternate port (for security reasons)
  • General - Ability to configure NAS options using Telnet via an alternate port (for security)
  • General - Ability to create a hidden share (e.g. similar to the use of "$" in Windows)
  • General - Ability to provide FTP access to DNS-325 directories without requiring the directories are first established as shared
  • General - Ability to restore deleted files contained in the on-board "Recycle" folder
  • General - Ability to restrict/grant access to USB attached storage to designated user accounts
  • General - Ability to specify a user defined name for a shared directory rather than defaulting to the actual directory name
  • General - Correlate temperature to fan speed in email log entries (i.e. add HDD/system temperature to each fan log entry)
  • General - Integrated file browser (with ability to delete files and directories)
  • General - Option to configure fan behavior based on temperature thresholds[/color] (Please see original post, here)
  • General - Option to create a share directory when creating a new user account  (See original request here)
  • General - Plex Support
  • General - Services configured with DYNDNS DDNS directs to the local IP (192.168.x.x) and not the outside IP (i.e. ISP)
  • General - Status Info - Display current fan speed (i.e. RPM or Off/Low/Med/High)[
  • General - Status page displaying the percent usage or actual storage used for quotas established for each user group
  • General - Support for Active Directory Services (i.e. Adapt ADS plugin from DNS-343)
  • General - S.M.A.R.T. - Option to schedule multiple S.M.A.R.T. tests for different HDDs
  • General - SVN Server
  • General - System - Ability to control features/applications via SSH CLI style interface
  • General - System - Option to clear system log after log file email, when log is full, or on a schedule
  • General - User customized reports (ability to select variables to report against)
  • General - Volume should retain their name when moved to different slots (e.g. a HDD named "Volume_1" in slot-1 should retain the name "Volume_1" when moved to slot-2)
  • General - When ShareCenter HDDs are formatted, user configurations that are dependent on the original volume(s) should be removed (i.e. users, groups, shares, etc.)
  • Audio Streamer - Ability to edit a newly created playlist (i.e. edit port number, list name, and song contents)
  • App - General - Ability for user to designate volume/location for application installation
  • App - PhotoCenter - App has no interface to configure, manage, or add/edit content (i.e. no way to create photo album)
  • App - PhotoCenter - ShareCenter user session credentials not passed to the app (i.e. users must double authenticate)
  • App - PhotoCenter - Update Gallery App version (newer iterations have improved functionality and ease of use)
  • App - General - Provide information and resources for third parties to develop applications
  • App - General - Replace current mt-daapd/Firefly-based iTunes Server with AirPlay-capable forked-daapd code
  • App - P2P - Ability to add more than one torrent at a time through the web interface
  • App - P2P - Ability to add/delete torrent trackers (in the "Downloading" and "Stop Download" states)
  • App - P2P - Ability to open a directory from Volume_1 or P2P and ability to show/hide
  • App - P2P - Option to automatically delete completed torrents and start the next torrent in the queue (i.e. to maintain the maximum number of configured simultaneous downloads)
  • App - P2P - Option to configure P2P bandwidth limits during peak use hours (See original request here)
  • App - P2P - Option to set separate schedules for download versus upload availability (e.g. download 2 AM - 8 AM, upload 12 AM - 12 AM)
  • App - SqueezeCenter - Ability to install SqueezeCenter plugins (i.e. plugins will not install at the typical Linux plugin pat)
  • App - SqueezeCenter - Support for the latest Squeezebox server (reported by multiple users)
  • General - Support for syslogd messages and ability to log syslogd messages within a predefined file or share directory
  • App - Time Machine - Incompatibility issue with OS X 10.7.1 (reported by multiple users)
  • Backup - Cloud storage support (e.g. CrashPlan, Dropbox, ZumoDrive, SkyDrive, Spideroak, Tonido, etc.)
  • Backup - Designate USB HDD as the target destination for the integrated "Local Backup" functionality
  • Configuration Settings - Replace Configuration Settings option with an intelligent Wizard containing the option to pick-and-choose which settings to restore (or not restore) in the export file (e.g. user accounts, groups, shares, network settings, etc.). This feature would prove invaluable for migrating specific settings to other ShareCenter devices
  • DLNA - Additional video container/codec support to broaden range of compatible devices (e.g. Sony TV, Android devices, etc.)
  • DLNA - Improve handling of "Album Artist" and "Artist" tags when creating multimedia library to avoid splitting single music album to multiple albums when listing
  • Hibernation - Hibernation fails if "oplocks" is enabled (in "Network Share Settings")
  • Hibernation - Hibernation fails when P2P torrent completes, despite user settings to stop seeding (i.e. P2P continues seeding regardless of user settings and hibernation fails)
  • Hibernation - If HDDs are in hibernation, add ability to power down DNS-325 without waking-up HDDs
  • USB - Add Copy Status indicating the quantity of data transfered and transfer rate
  • Bug - Network share settings are not saved following reboot when Debian Squeeze is started on the DNS-325
  • Bug - SSH Keys are deleted following reboot, preventing SSH backups (FW v1.02)

• App - Surveillance Center - Support for more recent D-Link Cloud Cameras [FIXED!]
  • GUI - Privileges in the folder properties screen are not clearly defined [FIXED!]
  • GUI - Add NAS resource utilization graph (i.e. CPU, memory, network)tion) on the "Storage Status" page [FIXED!]
  • GUI - Control to change the default "Help" setting to "Hide" OR "Show" ("Hide": users must proactively click "?" to open help. "Show": Help is always visible) [FIXED!]

GorTiri

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2014, 11:08:45 PM »

Hi, what am missing is a calendar and contact server function. Thanks

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #366 on: July 23, 2014, 10:28:42 AM »

Hi, what am missing is a calendar and contact server function. Thanks

Can you please elaborate on this request?

GorTiri

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #367 on: July 24, 2014, 02:58:14 PM »

yes. I have private cloud via mydlinkcloud, but it would be great to store and sync also my calendar and contacts safety with my phone with my NAS.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #368 on: July 29, 2014, 05:15:22 AM »

yes. I have private cloud via mydlinkcloud, but it would be great to store and sync also my calendar and contacts safety with my phone with my NAS.

added to the firmware wishlist...

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #369 on: July 29, 2014, 05:17:42 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in green.

DNS-325 Wishlist

• General - Calendar/Contacts server that can sync calendar and contact information from mobile devices
  • General - Option to configure fan behavior based on temperature thresholds (Please see original post, here)
  • General - Option to create a share directory when creating a new user account  (See original request here)
  • General - Plex Support
  • General - SVN Server
  • General - Support for syslogd messages and ability to log syslogd messages within a predefined file or share directory

• App - Surveillance Center - Support for more recent D-Link Cloud Cameras [FIXED!]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:56:10 PM by JavaLawyer »

GorTiri

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #370 on: August 06, 2014, 01:19:27 PM »

I successfully installed the radicale and it is properly sync my calendar and contacts. Probably it could be a base for the firmware solution.

hoosierpeschke

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #371 on: November 17, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »

Running Linux at home in my family's multi-user network, I have two requests:

* NFSv4: The protocol is more robust and is backwards compatible with NFSv3 for clients (OS X, XBMC) that need v3.
* Multiple hosts for NFS shares: I run a bit more convoluted setup than most but I run my own DHCP with subnets for PCs, media devices, and guests.  I can only do IP, Subnet, or all.  Either a CSV web entry for host or advanced setup to edit the exports directly would be awesome.

Please and thank you.  Love this thing!

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #372 on: December 09, 2014, 12:05:55 PM »

Running Linux at home in my family's multi-user network, I have two requests:

* NFSv4: The protocol is more robust and is backwards compatible with NFSv3 for clients (OS X, XBMC) that need v3.
* Multiple hosts for NFS shares: I run a bit more convoluted setup than most but I run my own DHCP with subnets for PCs, media devices, and guests.  I can only do IP, Subnet, or all.  Either a CSV web entry for host or advanced setup to edit the exports directly would be awesome.

Please and thank you.  Love this thing!

Added to the firmware wishlist! ;)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #373 on: December 09, 2014, 12:08:16 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in green.

DNS-325 Wishlist

• General - Calendar/Contacts server that can sync calendar and contact information from mobile devices
  • General - Option to configure fan behavior based on temperature thresholds (Please see original post, here)
  • General - Option to create a share directory when creating a new user account  (See original request here)
  • General - Plex Support
  • General - SVN Server
  • Network - Add NFS v4 support
  • Network - Multiple hosts for NFS shares (e.g. CSV web entry for host or advanced setup to edit exports directly)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #374 on: December 30, 2014, 02:29:20 PM »

Check out our latest ShareCenter FAQ

• ShareCenter® Add-on Applications (DNS-320L, DNS-325, DNS-327L, DNS-345)    Hot Topic!
    The ShareCenter Add-Ons board now contains links and descriptions to D-Link and third party Add-On Applications!!!

Read this FAQ and lots more right here: DNS ShareCenter - Important Posts & Information
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]