• March 29, 2024, 05:17:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Weirdness issues with my DHP-701's  (Read 7734 times)

Leathal

• Level 2 Member
Weirdness issues with my DHP-701's
« on: January 19, 2017, 06:28:35 AM »

I have a power plug that is right beside my power panel in the basement of my house, it's got maybe a 1 foot power cable to the power panel. I plug in there as it's the least distance traveled to my power system.

So what's odd is if I remove everything from all my outlets (only the DHP-701's) and only plug the mast one one into the plug the middle light goes RED. I also have to mention I have the networked cable plugged into it, its a CAT6 that runs 5 feet to my HP 48 port 1920 POE switch. Then what happens is at different times in the day and or night the light will go from RED to GREEN.

This morning however the middle light doesn't come on. This is the first time I have seen in the year that I have had my DHP-701's, and I have 4 of them. I did eventually get the one at the panel to show RED in the middle light but then turn itself off.

I checked my power system and there isn't anything out of the ordinary running. I tried a different plug and got the same results. lol

And to make things interesting. When I use the PLC software I can see all 4 701's but I can only connect to the one which my computer is connected to. I can't connect to any of the others. LOL

Good constructive input is good from anyone here. :)

Thanks,

Update: I see D-Link release DHP-P701 which is MIMO device offering the same bandwidth. Does anyone thing upgrading to these would resolve my issue at all?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:54:29 AM by Leathal »