• April 20, 2024, 08:16:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Movies skipping and stalling!!  (Read 3112 times)

miker607

Movies skipping and stalling!!
« on: December 29, 2008, 04:54:43 AM »

Please help!!
Using the 520 through a Linksys WRT54G router...hard wired, in a sense, by way of some power line adapters rated to 200mbps!!. TVersity is my server of choice right now. All of my movie files are in .VOB ...no menus and such, just the film content. They all play flawlessly on the PC via Nero or Windows Media player. Skip and stall momentarily on the 520 causing much frustration!! All other functions seem to be working perfectly but, of course, I bought the 520 primarily for movies! Not sure where to even look at this stage of the game....relying on the experts from this forum for assistance.
Thanks much in adavnce.

** Anyone have any idea on what bit rate I should expect to see at the 520 to cover video?? Scan says about 120mbps currently...wondering if its a router speed problem..
Mike R.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 09:42:34 AM by miker607 »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Movies skipping and stalling!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »

You router should be OK the port on the DSM-520 is a 10/100mbps ethernet port. Do you have this issue with other media types like avi mpeg ect..? Are these files HD .vob or regular and what is the bitrate?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream