• April 24, 2024, 11:13:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Device not connect to internet properly  (Read 10738 times)

icebits

Re: Device not connect to internet properly
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 08:49:47 AM »

Hi, I am sharing my wireless to my roommate, just to limit their usage.

I have change NAS IP address within DHCP range, reboot NAS. Browse through internet via dlink mobile app shows offline after 5 minutes. Browse through DLNA mobile device via internal LAN shows online, even on hibernate mode also will auto tuned it on, stream mp4 work fine.

Then, shutdown and reboot all devices (BTU, modem router and NAS), browse through internet only alive for 5 minutes, browse through internal LAN all work just fine.

:-(

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »

I recommend that he factory reset the router and use reserved IP addresses for the devices with in the default IP address range set by the Mfr of his router...then attempt to configure the modem/router.

Also check to ensure the signal going into the Modem is to spec an in good working condition. Have the ISP service check with for you.

I recommend that you contact the Mfr of the modem and get additional help and information on it's configuration and operation.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 09:19:50 AM »

These days, most routers have an option to save your current configuration/settings in a file that you can download to a PC on your LAN. This way, if you perform a factory reset and things don't work out, you can upload the settings file to restore the router to the previous configuration. This approach reduces your risk and the headache involved with replicating all the previous settings if something goes wrong.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:23:51 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

icebits

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »

Hi,

My current router cannot work with fiber optic, it is a typical DSL router modem. I'd apply the workaround provided by TP-Link (modem mfg) to convert it to use with BTU. Factory reset will restore it to default DSL settings which cannot be use by my current ISP.

I have also tested NAS with free modem router (unbranded, local assembly just for it's internet & IPTV) provided by ISP, I get the same result.

As your optinion, is it router issue?

icebits

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 08:13:42 PM »

I have sent my device to local d-link service center and all testings ok. So my conclusion are:

• Re-run setup wizard (must format your HDD) everytime you have upgraded your firmware.
  • Do not upgrade firmware unless necessary otherwise you need to reformat HDD (you must make sure your pc HDD has enough space to transfer back data).

Now the device had running for 12 hours, accessing mobile app to my NAS (internet & intranet) no issue so far.
Pages: 1 [2]