• April 27, 2024, 04:48:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lockups potentially fixed!  (Read 8367 times)

totonebadass

• Level 1 Member
Re: Lockups potentially fixed!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 05:23:20 AM »

Doesn't the name of the file indicate that the firmware version is 1.11? It has the exact size as the 1.11 firmware from the ftp site, but binary difference reveals that they are indeed different.

Version 1.32 does not allow downgrading to anything under 1.3x so that might be the problem. I think that they sent you the wrong file.

The 1.32b04NA_beta01 only addresses shareport.  :-[

Am I the only one here that is getting really angry  >:( ? All we want is a functional device, not one that will freeze every couple of days. Instead of working on the real issues with the firmware they are fixing shareport stuff.

Has there been any word from d-link about this? Are they trying to calm people down? Are they showing somewhere that they are working on it? At least that they care?

I've googled and found nothing. So probably they don't! Unless you call for hours and hours and get 3-rd level astronauts to talk to you! Wellll... I hope d-link gets what n-vidia got.

Anyway somebody told me (techgremlin) that a way to fix lockups is to disable dns relay (you have to manually add dns servers to all machines that are trying to acces the net afterwards - you can write them down from the status page of the router before disabling). So give it a try. I've disabled it for a couple of hours now so I don't know if it will work or not. Will post result.

totonebadass

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 09:19:02 AM »

Looks like there's nothing you need to do, you don't need to manually add anything. Just need to re-lease the ip, so just a restart should do it.

bornTukill

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 01:13:46 PM »

got a new A4 FW 1.20, gonnna stick with it from my retail. working beautifully so far.looks like dlink took down the link.Guess i got a faulty router before.

TechGremlin

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 02:41:07 AM »

Looks like there's nothing you need to do, you don't need to manually add anything. Just need to re-lease the ip, so just a restart should do it.

I thought I had some old information there, thanks for the heads up, it's been removed.

I regards to the DIR655A3_FW111B24.bin firmware, it sounds as if totonebadass is right. It appears that it is part of the v1.11 group of firmware, for example FW111B25 was the label of the official firmware on the Australian D-Link website for a while before the 1.2x firmwares came out, it's also about the same size, the new firmwares are quite a bit larger, so it's probably a very stable firmware and the file is probably fine, but it's not able to be downgraded to just like the other firmwares.
Pages: 1 [2]