• April 18, 2024, 03:56:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: (solved, not worth reading...)DIR-615 will not sync connect to internet  (Read 5970 times)

bradleyoli

• Level 1 Member

Hi, my wireless router has been set up for quite a while now and running fine, but after a restart earlier today I can no longer connect to internet through the router, direct connection to the modem works fine. I can access the D-link interface without problems but under the status tab I get this info:

WAN:

Connection Type:       DHCP Client Disconnected

Cable Status :              Connected
Network Status :      Disconnecting
Connection Up Time :      N/A

MAC Address :              00:24:01:6b:b6:b6
IP Address :              0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask :              0.0.0.0
Default Gateway :      0.0.0.0
Primary DNS Server :      0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS Server :    

LAN:

MAC Address :      00:24:01:6b:b6:b5
IP Address :      192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask :      255.255.255.0
DHCP Server :      Enabled

Wireless LAN:

Wireless Radio :                      Enabled
MAC Address :                      00:24:01:6b:b6:b5
Network Name (SSID) :      dlink
Channel :                          1
Security Mode :                      disable

I have been trying to get the router to connect to my arris-tm502G cable modem from videotron for hours, have tried renewing DCHP and assigning a fixed router address, also cloning my pc's mac address to the network but nothing works, I have also hard reset the box several times and reset to factory defaults through the main interface and then re-run setup wizard without success.

Hope somebody has an idea of how to solve the problem as this is getting very frustrating...
Brad
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:41:52 PM by bradleyoli »

forumuser

• Level 2 Member
Re: DIR-615 will not sync connect to internet
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »

This might be a bridged cable modem, what IP address is given to your PC when you direct connect? With bridging and DHCP the IP address is coming from your ISP rather than the local device.

bradleyoli

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »

Hmm ok this has puzzled me, have just checked the modem ip is 96.22.9.1, auto assigned ip for my pc is 96.22.9.8 when using a direct cable connection, does this mean i should somehow assign a fixed ip to the router using 96.22.9.xx as an ip? I'm lost when I get beyond the basics of networking. What would be the solution if, as you say, I have bridging and DHCP? oh and thanks for the reply!!

bradleyoli

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 06:41:17 PM »

okay I solved the problem :s, I hadn't figured out how to hard reset my modem correctly, there is an internal battery that had to be removed, after leaving the modem to power down and restart it worked fine. Must have been a bit tired yesterday, thanks for the help anyway...