• March 28, 2024, 10:19:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNR-202L not showing up on mydlink / Can't access DNR-202L remotely from the web  (Read 16507 times)

kiwi_mcer

• Level 1 Member

My brand new DNR-202L isn't showing up on the mydlink portal or the dlink NVR app despite going through the installation wizard and entering the correct mydlink login credentials.

A few important facts to note:
- The DNR-202L is successfully set up as I can access the device GUI on my local network, via. 192.126.x.x.  However, I cannot access the device remotely via the web.
- I have 4 other Dlink Cloud camera so am already familiar with setting up & registering these devices on mydlink.  I can access all each of these 4 cameras remotely via the web or via the mydlink portal.
- Just to be sure and rule out user error, I ran the installation wizard again on the DNR-202L to confirm that the device has registered with mydlink (i.e. status icon in the wizard is showing a green light).

I suspect that that this may be a firewall/port forwarding issue.  Unlike the cloud cameras, there is no option in the DNR-202 GUI to specify/configure the HTTP port.  Pretty limited network settings for a cloud product!!!!  >:(   I assume that the DNR-202L uses port 80 by default for HTTP?

Has anyone had similar issues?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Does the device show up on mydlink as offline or is the device missing altogether? If you provided the correct account name and credentials the DNR-202L should show-up, similar to your other Cloud cameras. Short of having used the wrong account name by accident, there's only one other possible cause that comes to mind:

mydlink.com - Rules for Device Association with Regional mydlink.com Accounts

Where did you purchase the DNR-202L? What Country do you live in?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:43:46 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

kiwi_mcer

• Level 1 Member

Thanks JavaLawyer. 

My device is missing altogether from mydlink.  Credentials are correct as I've been logging in to mydlink to view my Cloud cameras.

I think the regional association may be the possible cause.  I live in New Zealand, but bought the DNR-202L while on vacation in Malaysia.  Never knew there were separate regions for mydlink.

All my Cloud cameras (DCS-2310L) were bought off Amazon, and it is most likely associated with the USMP site by default.

Looks like my only option is to wait for a single global mydlink site to be launched!

vipuljain91

• Level 1 Member

I just bought a new DNR-202L along with 4 Cloud cameras. Cameras are working fine and I am able to register them on MyDlink and monitor my small office fine. But DNR 202L is not being found by the Wizard. Read through various posts, downloaded the latest EXE version but no change.

Able to log into it via direct IP interface and add cameras to it.

Is there anyway to add it to MyDelink without going through Wizard or fix something so that Wizard can find the DNR-202L ?

Appreciate a quick revert.

leiti

• Level 1 Member

Same issue here - DNR-202L is not showing up in myDlink account, and it cannot be accessed remotely from the web.

The DNR works fine on the local network and can be accessed via it's local IP address without any issue.
Re-ran the wizard three times, it shows that it is properly registered, but still is not showing on myDlink.

I purchased all items at the local OfficeMax (USA), where I live. So presumably regional coding should not be an issue.

Does anyone have some troubleshooting tips?

thanks in advance!

dss382

• Level 1 Member

Same problem here and apparently NO SOLUTION????

songjing

• Level 1 Member

Same applied to me.

When I login to myDlink and connect to 'DNR-202L) via local home network, it work fine.  I can see the web UI for DNR-202L and it display all 3 cameras video.

However when using same notebook but not from home network (e.g. friend's house wifi or public network or using 4G hotspot) login to myDlink and click on DNR-202L connect, it shown me class not found exception. 

Seem like DNR-202L cannot be accessed remotely from the web?  That lame.

PAFL

• Level 2 Member

I access my DNR-202L remotely all the time.  I am not sure how you are trying .  If you are trying to do it though MyDlink.,com try this.

I have the DNR  (IP 192.168.1.2) port forwarded from port 80 to port 9001 in my router.  You could force it to anything including even  back to 80.   So to access the DNR I use my public IP address (say 76,34.123.1) and port number (9001)  so locally it may be 192.168.1.2:80 but remotely it would be 76.34.123.1:9001.

works just like being local.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Any status on this?  ???
Same applied to me.

When I login to myDlink and connect to 'DNR-202L) via local home network, it work fine.  I can see the web UI for DNR-202L and it display all 3 cameras video.

However when using same notebook but not from home network (e.g. friend's house wifi or public network or using 4G hotspot) login to myDlink and click on DNR-202L connect, it shown me class not found exception. 

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

dever

• Level 1 Member

Same applied to me.

Anybody found the solution about the problem above? Thanks!