• April 25, 2024, 09:25:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Doesn't work with Windows Vista 64 bit  (Read 3663 times)

D-ceived

• Level 1 Member
Doesn't work with Windows Vista 64 bit
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:41:09 PM »

I bought a pair of D-Link DCS-920s and after struggling for two days, finally figured out that the included software, D-ViewCam, will not work with Windows Vista 64 bit.  It says nothing on the box about this.  I am really disappointed.  I already opened one of the boxes so I guess I'm out a hundred bucks but I'm taking the other one back to Best Buy and getting my money back.

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: Doesn't work with Windows Vista 64 bit
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 02:30:25 PM »

If you just purchased a unit from Best buy you can still return it with receipt after opening it. Electronics are on something like a 14day return policy.

D-ceived

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »

Thanks for the response.  Best Buy will take opened merchandise?  That's very generous of them but I don't do that.  I don't like buying rewrapped, returned merchandise (and don't if I'm aware of it) so I don't return things myself.  It's my fault --I should have researched my buy first.  I just ASSUMED.

unreal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 05:31:01 PM »

Ugh. Same problem here. Returning to Best Buy asap, never to buy d-link again. 

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 10:41:47 PM »

If you download the new V3.00 of D-ViewCam, you should be happy, as it does support 64 bit now. I am running V3.00 fine on both Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 32-bit...