• March 28, 2024, 01:50:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Live streaming on a public website  (Read 8267 times)

poeticdragon

• Level 1 Member
Live streaming on a public website
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:49:13 AM »

I currently have a cheap TRENDnet wireless network camera. It has served its purpose: to "test the waters" and see if I really wanted and would use a live stream for my site, without spending too much money. The answer is YES but I really want some more features! Right now the forerunner is a DCS-2230. It has all the features I want and then some, with the best price tag to go with it. But I have some doubts and questions left unanswered...

What applets/plugins are available for embedding streams on websites? What is the browser and OS compatibility of those plugins? My TRENDnet camera has a Java viewer which works in most browsers (with Java installed) but is unreliable; some people can't ever get it to work despite having identical browser and operating system as someone else for whom it works fine. It also has an Active X viewer which doesn't work in Chrome at all but reliably works in many flavors of IE. There is no script which automatically detects whether to embed the Java or Active X viewer, although one could be made. Overall, I am most upset by the unreliability and incompatibility of this [TRENDnet] camera's live stream.

I believe that the DCS-2230 is compatible with various iOS apps, allowing me to monitor the video feeds remotely. However, is there a way I can make the streams work from within iOS Safari or otherwise allow mobile visitors to my website to view the video? It would be a huge perk if my live stream worked on my mobile site, but its not a deal breaker if it isn't possible.

What controls are available when embedding video on a public website, eg. volume or full screen options?

Can someone post some demo videos recorded at 1080p with the DCS-2230? Can someone link an active camera I can view real-time? Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:16:28 PM by poeticdragon »

Torkem

• Level 1 Member
Re: Live streaming on a public website
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:00:56 AM »

Hi !

I know this is a year old post but Have you found any solution ?

I'm facing the same question : how to embed the camera's streaming into a webpage ???
I tried several solutions, none of them are working. I've tried to load the built in activeX "VDControl.cab" but what parameters am I supposed to add to specify the camera's IP adress ?

Any help would be more than appreciated...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Live streaming on a public website
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 07:48:29 AM »

Please visit the Network Camera FAQ board. I posted two entries for this solution (one of which is based on iframes).
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC