• March 28, 2024, 05:53:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Accessing a camera directly and RTSP  (Read 31768 times)

ademanuele

• Level 1 Member
Accessing a camera directly and RTSP
« on: April 06, 2012, 11:35:05 PM »

I can access my DCS cameras directly using several iPhone apps such as IP Cam Viewer Pro. Is it possible to access the camera directly using a web browser (I have tried without success) e.g. do you need to use a specific port?

Also, the DCS-942L has RTSP. I am not clear as to the difference between RTSP and HTTP streaming of video, can anyone point me in the direction of a resource that clarifies with respect to D-Link cameras?

Thanks

stickyfusion

• Level 1 Member
Re: Accessing a camera directly and RTSP
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:53:53 AM »

I have the DCS-942L and sadly to say it does not work the same as the previous cameras did with being able to capture the activeX control data and create your own custom web page. Something about the new cameras changed and doesn't work thay way, which is a shame because I have the need to publish the video to a webpage.

Joe Public

• Level 2 Member
Re: Accessing a camera directly and RTSP
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 01:02:49 PM »

I can access my DCS cameras directly using several iPhone apps such as IP Cam Viewer Pro. Is it possible to access the camera directly using a web browser (I have tried without success) e.g. do you need to use a specific port?

Also, the DCS-942L has RTSP. I am not clear as to the difference between RTSP and HTTP streaming of video, can anyone point me in the direction of a resource that clarifies with respect to D-Link cameras?

Thanks
With DCS-942L you have to use the following address to see the video:
http://[IP CAM address]:[port]/video/mjpg.cgi
while to have a single snapshot you have to use the following address:
http://[IP CAM address]:[port]/image/jpeg.cgi

With RTSP you can get both video and audio, while with HTTP you get only video (no audio).
RTSP addresses are declared inside "Web Management -> Setup -> Audio and Video", inside field "RTSP url" for each video profile.
Italian User

1 x DNS-325 (NAS) - Fw 1.04b05
1 x DCS-942L (IP Cam) - Fw 1.23.3404
1 x DCS-2230 (Full-HD IP Cam) - Fw 1.20.00
1 x DCS-5222L (HD PTZ cam) - Fw 1.12.3404
2 x DHP-501AV (500 mbps Power-Line kit)
1 x DGS-1005D (5-Port Gigabit Switch)
1 x DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)