• April 18, 2024, 05:03:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DIR-615 bad firmware?  (Read 36925 times)

JimboCol

• Level 2 Member
Re: DIR-615 bad firmware?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 08:21:15 PM »

Okay, here's a question for you.  Someone had a Working good condition DIR-628 for an unbelievable price but has no installation CD with it. They told me that they did not need it to use it, and if I needed to use parental controls and other features, that I could download it. 
You did have one of those did you not?  Is what I'm being told true?

Thanks,
Jim.

Keiro

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 09:41:36 PM »

Yes, I did have one of them.

No, you don't even NEED a CD. That's just a gimmick, really. This is absolutely true, you do NOT need a CD.

Plug in the router, configure it and off you go!

Really, why people need to use the CD, I dunno, but to be honest, you don't even need the CD, since you know how to configure it, correct?

JimboCol

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 10:29:49 PM »

Right, I'll get it.

Thanks.

Jim.

Jasu

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 05:23:26 AM »

in WEP mode I only get 54Mps, in WPA2-PSK/AES (also known as WPA2 mode), I am locked out.

This is because newer and faster standards don't support WEP anymore. You have to use unencrypted or WPA2 encrypted network to get more than 54Mbps. So WEP not working is not the fault of D-Link. WPA2 not working... well I'm not sure if it is...

Is there any way of retrieving my password without having to reset and start all over again...for the fifth time.?

I think there is no way to retrieve password as it could be perhaps exploited  :-\
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:49:43 AM by Jasu »

shiekh

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 05:16:28 PM »

Don't know if this helps, but I just got an old DIR-615 A1 that works fine, but regardless I found the main smoothing capacitor was swollen and failing and might cause instabilities; but I did not wait and just replaced the capacitor.
Pages: 1 [2]