• April 19, 2024, 09:15:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem with Emai Notification  (Read 3288 times)

rocko

• Level 1 Member
Problem with Emai Notification
« on: August 23, 2011, 03:14:36 PM »

Anyone having issues with getting their email notification working?  I use shaw as my ISP (canada) and get an authentication error when trying to send a test message within the web admin console.  I am trying to setup motion detection notification but can't get it working.

I have the correct smtp server name, userid and password entered but still get the authenticaion error message.  I have even gone through configuring a new mail client with the same info and email works fine so I know my info is fine.  I just can't get it working with the web admin.

rshillington

• Level 1 Member
Re: Problem with Emai Notification
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 03:46:39 PM »

The only config that I found to work was using the smtp server at gmail.  I set myself a an account there, and then used the following http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13287 and took the port 587 and STARTTLS options.  Then it worked fine.  In my case, I blame Rogers, for making SMTP so very difficult to use.

rocko

• Level 1 Member
Re: Problem with Emai Notification
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 10:06:40 PM »

You're awesome rshillington!  Worked like a charm.  Looks like Shaw is just as painful as Rogers.

Take care and thanks for your help.  :)