• April 16, 2024, 12:10:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Wireless Restarts  (Read 50237 times)

heartready

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless Restarts
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 01:29:33 AM »

My environments is: I have one desktop using DWA-160 setting on 5GHZ and one laptop using intel wirless setting on 2.4Ghz, and I have a logitech Z5450 2.4GHZ cordless spearker, these things are in one room, and Dir-855 is in another room maybe 15meters away. they are in one floor.
I used to use one linksys G router, and both of my laptop and desktop running extremely slow connections when I turn on the Z5450, and back to normal speed when I turn it off. that's why I recently bought Dir-855. After I set it up and update to 1.12 firmware, my desktop's connection become normal after I setup to 5Ghz, (but have another issues I've posted in another post) but the laptop's connection is just like what you guys said, in the log of the router, it keeps saying 2.4GHz linked, and associates etc. So I don't know if this may help you guys to figure something out. I think it something about the equipment close to your area running the same frenquency.

kartrajt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 07:36:19 AM »

At last I've found a topic of great concern.
I have exactly the same problem. Keeps restarting wireless constantly.
I've tried to figure out what causes it, and something to do with other connections to the router seems to affect the performance. When I start up my "main" PC, with Vista, the wireless connection starts wobbling, i.e. restarts.
Can't understand why.
Since we are a number of users with the same problem, I would hope that Slink acknowledges this issue and comes up with a solution.
Had a DI-624 wireless router prior to my 855, and it worked flawlessly.

Looking forward to a solution

Kartrajt

thetoad30

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 08:16:02 AM »

As you can see from my other thread titled "Tech Support Not Responding", I'm trying to get an RMA for the issue, as I think that it may be a hardware issue. But, since tech support won't answer a damn thing, I can't figure out what needs to be done. I'm ready to file in small claims court for the cost of the router since they aren't holding up their end of the deal. I've been contacting support since October of last year with no resolution. Maybe they're just waiting for my 1 year warranty to be up so they don't have to support me anymore. Not that they are right now, either.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 08:19:54 AM »

To obtain an RMA you'll need to contact our Consumer Class support line at 877-453-5465. This is the only way a RMA can be issued.

thetoad30

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 10:54:39 AM »

Thank you, Lycan, for replying. I wish tech support would have contacted me and told me that. I'm not sure why RMAs can't be done over e-mail, but I'll give the number a try.

ethansmith2008

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »

I have the exact same problem with my DIR-855.  It happens randomly (all the time).  I have an RMA on my A2 (HW) and 1.12 FW device.  I hope the next one fixes the issue.  Capt Spalding posted he knows the issue, I am hoping someone reposts what he knows here!  I'll even give out my cell phone if someone can call.  This is causing major loss of productivity!

ptmdev

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 02:55:22 PM »

Hi I just thought I would let you know I had the same problem with the wireless restarting and I was able to fix this changing the channel width from Auto to 20MHz . Since I have done this have not had a issue with the wireless for more than a month and a half

thetoad30

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2009, 09:33:32 AM »

PTMDEV,

Which frequency did you switch to 20MHz on? Was it the 5GHz or 2.4GHz channel?

ptmdev

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »

Hi I swapped both 2.4GHz and 5GHz to use Channel width of 20Mhz since doing this my wireless has been steady without any issues. So I don't have issue anymore of both channels continuously restarting all the time.
This worked for me

thetoad30

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »

This basically negates all the features of having an N device, though. Channel bonding is what gives N it's speed...

ethansmith2008

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 04:44:38 PM »

I have had no luck getting this device to work beyond resetting it to the defaults.  I'm deciding whether or not I should proceed with an official complaint.  It seems this needs executive escalation.  Its a shame, this product had so much potential.

kartrajt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 12:40:15 AM »

I´ve tried the solution setting the channelwidth to 20Mhz, and I actually thought that it was the last I saw of the constant restarting, BUT NO!!!!!!
It worked for a while (4 days) but now it started again.

Somebody please help, of I will return the router and purchase another one that really works.

Kartrajt

ethansmith2008

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2009, 07:50:48 AM »

I just received my RMA unit.  I sent in my receipt and I was supposed to get a new unit.  I got a shrinkwrapped USED unit.  The seal on the static bag had been torn, the unit had smudges, and the clear saran to protect the finish had been REAPPLIED.  This is terrible service from RMA.  I invite the forum moderator to comment.  I will mail back the RMA unit, since this was a pre-authorized cross over shipment.  I will also RMA the original back to NewEgg.  This is exasperating.
Oh, BTW, the replacement unit has old firmware and experiences the same issue!  Wait long enough, it will happen!

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2009, 08:51:09 AM »

How long ago was the orginal unit purchased from NewEgg?
If you can send it back there, we suggest that.

ethansmith2008

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 12:06:32 PM »

Less than 30 days, but honestly, I even called DLINK RMA after getting it approved to make sure I got a brand new unit.  What I got was a disguised used unit:  The box had been reshrinkwrapped.  The unit and antennae are definately not new...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5