• March 29, 2024, 04:16:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: public access  (Read 13260 times)

mexjim

• Level 1 Member
public access
« on: October 07, 2011, 10:39:19 AM »

Is there some way to make the camera 930L accessible to the public without requiring the owner's mydlink password?  It seems if you give out the password anyone could take control of your account by changing the password.  Is there some other way to accomplish this?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: public access
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 11:30:26 AM »

Is there some way to make the camera 930L accessible to the public without requiring the owner's mydlink password?  It seems if you give out the password anyone could take control of your account by changing the password.  Is there some other way to accomplish this?

Unfortunately no. mydlink does not presently support guest accounts. To the best of my knowledge, mydlink does not provide a means for providing unrestricted access to the streaming video separate from the credentials required to view/change the camera settings.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:44:48 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

DesertSportsman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 04:13:14 PM »

Is there some way to make the camera 930L accessible to the public without requiring the owner's mydlink password?  It seems if you give out the password anyone could take control of your account by changing the password.  Is there some other way to accomplish this?

Not with my Dlink, but you could setup your own DDNS and port forward to the camera.  I also thought you can setup a different password for accessing the cameras settings than what you use for MyDlink???
2 DCS-932L
2 DCS-930L

warriorfullight

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 05:16:14 AM »

I would suggest for you to change your password from time to time if you can't find any other solution. You could always reset your Dlink in case someone takes control of it.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 05:58:26 AM »

I would suggest for you to change your password from time to time if you can't find any other solution. You could always reset your Dlink in case someone takes control of it.

Unfortunately, short of carefully monitoring network activity, there's no easy way to determine whether a camera was hijacked. Since the DCS series continually broadcasts, in theory, the camera can be hacked outside of mydlink as well.

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 08:14:34 AM »

Dlink says "We have reviewed your feedback for Case. ... The mydlink portal only supports one account. If you want others to see your camera then you will need to provide them with your mydlink account"

Giving out your password then gives the guest permission to change the password in MyProfile!
This is unacceptable.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 08:28:08 AM »

No arguments here. . . This is not an acceptable means of sharing.  This system needs independent login credentials, with independently configured permissions.

tranders

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 10:24:55 AM »

How does one use the "Add User Account" options on the camera itself?  Is this not a way to provide access?

Also, can the camera be registered under more than one mydlink account?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »

How does one use the "Add User Account" options on the camera itself?  Is this not a way to provide access?

Also, can the camera be registered under more than one mydlink account?

The account options you are referring to are for direct access via the web interface and third party applications requiring log in credentials.