• March 28, 2024, 03:18:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Sony TV & PS3 Wont recognize files  (Read 5563 times)

that_guy150

• Level 1 Member
Sony TV & PS3 Wont recognize files
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:47:43 PM »

So i recently bought a DNS-323 then updated it to FW1.09 and saved a couple movie files to it.

I made a separate folder inside of the Volume_1 folder called downloaded movies and transfered the movies into it from my computer.

Yet whenever I open the dlink icon on the PS3 xmb it only has the following options:

Video
Music
Photos

None of which have any files in them.

Also when i try to access the dlink from the TV instead, a message pops up saying the server is not accessible.

Basically i would like to know if there is any special way to save video/media files to the dlink so the PS3 can actually view them?

Also i would like to know how to make it accessible by my TV (Sony Bravia)

47th_ronin

• Level 2 Member
Re: Sony TV & PS3 Wont recognize files
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:33:32 AM »

My guess would be that these sony devices do not have any understanding about samba shares whatsoever, so you need some media server software running on your dns-323.  You could try d-link's built-in dlna server but I strongly suggest twonky.

TJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:28:13 PM »

If you're 323 isn't listed under "video" "music" or "photo" (it should be under all three) your 323 or network is not setup correctly:

1.Make sure your router supports and has upnp enabled. Do an internet connection test on your PS3 (settings>network settings>internet connection test). It should succeed in every category. UPnP should be available.

2. On the dns-323 you must enable the upnp media server. Don't bother getting Twonky, or Mediatomb or any of the fancy ones at first: the built in one is fine, albeit very basic (advanced>upnp media server). Make sure the directory chosen here is the location of the media files you wish to share. Notice the refresh button - it is HIGHLY reccommended that you refresh the server any time you add new files, or change files names/file locations in this folder.

So check these things, and hopefully everything will be running smoothly.

challoran

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 09:34:15 AM »

Hi All

I'm new to all this, I have the same problem, my Sony TV can see my Dlink but cannot see any files

I have tried above but nothing, can anyone help

Thanks

Craig

trevorsmiley

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 10:07:25 AM »

The Sony Bravia tvs really can't play any codecs at all. I've tried for days until I researched and found out that they can't play divx/xvid or mkv.

challoran

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 01:39:03 PM »

Thanks

Figured out it is my TV that cannot see the files, not the other way around