• April 16, 2024, 09:07:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connecting DIR605L as repeater/range extender with TP-Link (model: TL-WR941HP)  (Read 6014 times)

qomarf

• Level 1 Member

Hi,

I have two routers:

TP-Link (TL-WR941HP): This is my main router or the one that is connected with the internet modem. This router also hosts a WIFI SSID called AIR through which I connect my wifi devices for internet access. Will refer to this router as tplink.
D-Link (DIR605L): This is an old router I have and which is in working condition. Will refer to this router as dlink.
Now, my main router (tplink) is situated at one corner of my house and therefore the signal does not reach the other side of the house. I am trying to connect the old router (dlink) to tplink and increase/boost the signal so that I can access the wifi from the other side of the house. Problem is I cannot set it up. I have tried various youtube tutorials and tinkered with both router settings, however, have been unable to do so.

Please help. Thanks in advance.