• April 16, 2024, 04:36:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: New DGL-5500 v1.13B02 Beta NA FW Released  (Read 46289 times)

LuckyImperial

• Level 1 Member
Re: New DGL-5500 v1.13B02 Beta NA FW Released
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2014, 07:50:06 PM »

Sounds more like D-Link and this router are just a piece of garbage. 1 YEAR after release and we STILL don't have a single firmware that has at least half of the promised capabilities of the router and D-Link keeps released half-assed beta firmware so they can protect themselves from customers complaining about it and saying that it's up to the customer to use the beta firmware without guarantee of functionality.

I guess it's time to report this to the Better Business Bureau. I would highly recommend other users to do the same.

In all honesty it's likely you either have a defective router or it's user error. Thousands of customers use this router including myself and have no issues.

I would highly recommend you factory reset the router and have a knowledgeable person set it up for you.

VaultOverseer

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2014, 10:18:16 PM »

It seems as though people don't understand how StreamBoost works. StreamBoost is done by Qualcomm Atheros not D-link.
StreamBoost is a new type of QOS it's cloud based. It user proof. Now that's not saying it's perfect but it works well.

If you just Google Search Streamboost you can find all the info on how it works. It's only giving an app what it needs to have that way if two of the same apps are running, say Netflix for example the higher one on your list will have the best bw.

When people see the 10% drop in speed tests after setup that's normal. Go look at how you set up DD-WRT it says to back off 10% of your total speed so your network never becomes overwhelmed.
StreamBoost does all that for you.

I've spent the last year testing and doing research even spent the time to contact Qualcomm.
Is the router broken?  NO!
Does it need us the forum users to help make it better by giving good info? YES

I bought this router because I hate lag it makes me a very  >:( dood.
Day one after setup and playing 1 match of Blops2 I was in love  ;D
SB does a good job of keeping thing even.
Do this works well with any COD go play a match or two without SB on. Make sure it's HC so bullets count quick. Now count your bullets.
Now turn SB back on give it a bit to settle in and count your bullets.

Sounds nuts but I did it a few times to see cuz I thought I was trippin  ::)
It takes way less I promise. For me it was about 3-8 bullets difference.
Now don't get me bent that's just what I saw at the time of my test runs.
I'm sure this very's depending on overall speed and ping and such.

If anyone is unsure about setup or how SB works I'll be glad to help.  ;D

Just do me a favor and don't turn this forum into a Gaming forum where people just complain.
If ya need help ask tell us where most friendly  ;)

Make sure to post your exact problem and not your anger  >:(

Or I won't let you in my Vault and you'll become a Ghoul  :'(
 ;D

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2014, 07:42:28 AM »

Well, it seems you've not proven anything accept for the fact that you wont let anyone help you, give feed back to questions so we can only assume that this a configuration issue. I recommend that you phone contact D-Link support and get there help and ask for an RMA. This maybe a HW issue with your router. Other are having good operation with there routers as I am. I played for hours last night on XBL. It's seems that you and Vigilante are ones having issues with the router.

You'll need to seek official help with D-Link support.

Please keep inflammatory conduct under control or your posts and account maybe removed. If you don't like how the forum is run, then please seek help else where.

Good Luck.

You can "presume" whatever you want.  I guess some drink the "Kool-Aid" and some are never "wrong" while everyone else is an id!ot because "they don't know what they're doing" when it comes to configuring the 5500.  Oh well, my loss I guess.  It works great as an AP!   ;D

I can certainly provide my router setup and router configuration, along with my ISP (down / up) and modem.  But why?  I've tried just about everything there is to try per suggestions from forum users and other sites.  Until you've tried other routers for home networking / online gaming, please don't assume that those who have tried other routers are home networking illiterate, and there isn't any other alternative to home networking / online gaming but the 5500.  I can understand why your opinion is what it is regarding the 5500 and D-Link products.  I respect that.   8)

I'll continue to use the 5500 as an AP, and the other D-Link router as a wireless bridge.  D-Link does make great products.  I'll continue to use their products.  The 5500 fell short of what it was "presumed".  Sometimes products fall short of expectations.  The 5500 feel short of my expectation, and except for a few forum users, it looks like it fell short for several 5500 owners according to reviews from several online sites, comments here, as well as comments on other web site forums.

I got tired of playing D-Link's and FurryNutz' game of pretending to be an uninformed customer and going over the basic troubleshooting steps as if this was the first time in my life that I set up a router. This router and D-Link's support for it has been abysmal, it is nowhere near as good as it was promised, heck it isn't even as good as it was right out of the box seeing as every single firmware update has broken something while only partially fixing something else, and all D-Link has done for customers is have this FurryNutz clown who will (with terrible grammar and spelling) do everything in his power to blame the user OR the ISP before ever willing to even let you hint at it being the routers / D-Links fault. The router is very far from functional, specially if what some users were saying of the sole act of logging in to it messes it up is true. Priorities barely work again (finally, after several months of being completely broken with repeated entries), the network map kind of works (icons are still mostly wrong and device detection is a joke. Sometimes it will detect devices properly, most of the time it won't), network connectivity for multiple gaming devices just flat out sucks (try using an Xbox One, a Wii U, a 3DS and an Xbox 360 at the same time. And this is supposed to be a GAMING Router?), updating the firmware still requires the most ******ed, backwards process I have ever had to endure with a router and, if FurryNutz is to be believed, it is still very likely to flat out fail, 5GHz band is barely functional and 802.11ac support is a joke (so that's 2 out of 2 main features of the router that just don't work)...

So yeah, I am with everyone else out there who thinks that while this isn't the worst router out there, it certainly isn't anything like what was promised, it is vastly outperformed by almost every single router in its price and market range from competitors, and has had awful support.

PS: Vigilante, which Router are you currently using as your main? Given the current situation with the DGL-5500 I have lost all hope of it ever working even half as good as it was advertised and I need a replacement.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 09:22:43 PM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2014, 07:47:20 AM »

I played for a few hours last night on XBL. Had a good time. While others were noticing lag, I didn't seen any blatant lag that I could tell. Priorities are working great and holding as expected. I disabled ABE for now and set a manual speed.

Router is running well with it setup in both 2.4 and 5Ghz. All devices are connecting and working well on WiFi.
I turned off logging for now. I still see the 413 error for some reason. Got to be something in FW.

It seems as though people don't understand how StreamBoost works. StreamBoost is done by Qualcomm Atheros not D-link.
StreamBoost is a new type of QOS it's cloud based. It user proof. Now that's not saying it's perfect but it works well.

If you just Google Search Streamboost you can find all the info on how it works. It's only giving an app what it needs to have that way if two of the same apps are running, say Netflix for example the higher one on your list will have the best bw.

When people see the 10% drop in speed tests after setup that's normal. Go look at how you set up DD-WRT it says to back off 10% of your total speed so your network never becomes overwhelmed.

I've spent the last year testing and doing research even spent the time to contact Qualcomm.

Do this works well with any COD go play a match or two without SB on. Make sure it's HC so bullets count quick. Now count your bullets.

Just do me a favor and don't turn this forum into a Gaming forum where people just complain.

;D
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

VaultOverseer

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2014, 07:47:51 AM »

Hey Dark I also own all the same consoles!
They all work fine.
Again Streamboost is done by Qualcomm it's not a D-link product.
I suggest contacting Qualcomm about your SB concerns!
There's only 1 other router at the moment that has SB.
I've done my homework that other router isn't as good.
Go look at what small net builder says about the 5500 and SB.
The router itself is very fast and capable SB just needs some work.

Code takes time to write and sometimes it has bugs.
Most of witch stem from SB and not the router itself.
Please don't twist my words! Yes it did seem as though looking at the stats page may cause an issue in older fw versions.
So far the new Beta is just fine when it comes to that.

Are you using FF? FF works the best when setting up and playing with the router.

Vigilante

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2014, 07:56:10 AM »

PS: Vigilante, which Router are you currently using as your main? Given the current situation with the DGL-5500 I have lost all hope of it ever working even half as good as it was advertised and I need a replacement.

Asus RT-AC87U.

I've had the "luxury" of using both routers for my main home networking / online gaming .  The AC87U is superior for both home networking / online gaming.  I have to refrain from going into detail is this is the D-Link forums.

I just couldn't deal with the D-Link firmware "breaks" after a firmware "fix".  Again, I've had the luxury of trying both the 5500 and the AC87U.  Most users in this forum, if not all users in this forum have not tried both.  I can tell you the AC87U is superior to the 5500.  I would bet for those that did try both, they would come to the same conclusion.

I don't plan on getting rid of the 5500 since it's serves very well as an AP in my home network.  If, by some rare miracle the 5500 gets  the "golden" firmware update, I'll test it out.  But for now, the AC87U is at the top of the "router" pecking order here.

Vigilante

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2014, 08:01:44 AM »

Just tested this on the AC87U - no issues and I'm seeing about 7-12 bullets (sometimes more).   ;D  I didn't mess with any settings in the AC87U. 

I might give it a try on the 5500.  I will keep everyone posted.

Vigilante

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2014, 08:04:26 AM »

I played for a few hours last night on XBL. Had a good time. While others were noticing lag, I didn't seen any blatant lag that I could tell. Priorities are working great and holding as expected. I disabled ABE for now and set a manual speed.

Router is running well with it setup in both 2.4 and 5Ghz. All devices are connecting and working well on WiFi.
I turned off logging for now. I still see the 413 error for some reason. Got to be something in FW.

;D

No issues for me as well using 5500 as an AP and AC87U as router   ;D

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2014, 08:05:17 AM »

IT would be helpful to us if you could give the following feed back:
Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
  • Is ISP Modem/Service using Dynamic or Static WAN IP addressing?
  • What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have?

Just tested this on the AC87U - no issues and I'm seeing about 7-12 bullets (sometimes more).   ;D  I didn't mess with any settings in the AC87U. 

Vigilante

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2014, 09:07:55 AM »

Cable
  Motorola SB6120 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 eXtreme Broadband Cable Modem
   Static
   100 down / 5 up
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:16:08 AM by Vigilante »

VaultOverseer

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 12:06:16 PM »

Vigilante I gave that Asus a look over. That's some $$ to spend.  :o
I'll stick it out with D-link  ;D

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »

Did you happen to disable ABE, set a manual UP and DOWN speed, and leave SB enabled?

Cable
  Motorola SB6120 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 eXtreme Broadband Cable Modem
   Static
   100 down / 5 up

Vigilante

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 03:14:21 PM »

Did you happen to disable ABE, set a manual UP and DOWN speed, and leave SB enabled?

That's how I had / have it set up

Vigilante

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2014, 03:15:16 PM »

Vigilante I gave that Asus a look over. That's some $$ to spend.  :o
I'll stick it out with D-link  ;D

I paid $245 (included shipping).

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2014, 03:51:52 PM »

If your running the 5500 in AP mode now, wouldn't SB be completely disabled?

That's how I had / have it set up
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5