• March 28, 2024, 04:47:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: e-mail alert issues  (Read 6286 times)

gugaucb

• Level 2 Member
e-mail alert issues
« on: December 14, 2007, 03:11:31 AM »

Hi people,
        I couldn't send e-mail by e-mail alert. I tried to send by smtp.gmail.com, but failed. What happened?

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: e-mail alert issues
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 10:20:34 AM »

Hi people,
        I couldn't send e-mail by e-mail alert. I tried to send by smtp.gmail.com, but failed. What happened?

Gmail uses SSL authentication which the DNS-323 Email cient does not support.

gugaucb

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 10:45:19 AM »

What e-mails server was tests?

jameelch

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 08:21:32 AM »

Can any one suggest an email service that will work with the email client on DNS-323?

Thanks,
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 01:47:40 PM by ECF »

davidmccormack

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 05:56:44 AM »

It should be possible to use the SMTP server provided by your ISP. This should deliver any mail submitted from a computer with an IP address within their own range. The name for you ISP's SMTP server will usually be detailed somewhere in their online FAQ (crazy thought: phone them up and ask them). If you can't get any joy there, just try 'mail' followed by the domain name for the ISP, e.g. if your ISP is yourisp.net, the SMTP server will most likely be mail.yourisp.net. If this doesn't work try smtp.yourisp.net and mx.yourisp.net. You don't have to do all this on your 323 - just use the ping command on the command line to verify that the name resolves before you bang it into your 323. If none of these names resolve, use the nslookup command on the command line to determine the correct SMTP server for your ISP domain (enter "set type=MX" as the first command, followed by "yourisp.net" as the second).

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 06:31:02 PM »

Some ISP blocked all SMTP, exept if they are directed to their SMTP server.
Also, some ISP don't need username and Password to use their SMPT server, so you can use you're ISP SMTP server to go out, and enter anything in all other field of the DNS.

I have a domain name, with e-mail account, but i can't use my personnal SMTP because of my ISP, so i use their SMTP server to go out, and my POP server to download e-mail.

:)
 ::)