• March 28, 2024, 04:32:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How do you update the firmware  (Read 6823 times)

curtst

• Level 1 Member
How do you update the firmware
« on: May 26, 2020, 03:52:19 PM »

My sensor has out of date firmware. It isn't updating on it's own, and the app won't let me do it. I already contacted D-Link support, and RMA'd the product, but the "new" sensor they sent me is also out of date, and won't update.

I'm at a loss of what to do.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: How do you update the firmware
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:42:49 AM »

You should be able to set the time to update it. Is Auto-Update enabled?

Do you have connection issues with the sensor or does it connect quickly after waking it up (press the button and you should get a green LED in a few seconds)?

Manual - ftp://FTP2.DLINK.COM/PRODUCTS/DCH-S161/REVA/DCH-S161_REVA_MANUAL_v1.10_WW.pdf

Pages 19-20

With the DLink cameras I use, I set the time 30 mins ahead and wait about an hour. The firmware eventually updates.

I really wish D-Link would put a UPDATE NOW button in the mydlink app. I understand your frustration.

curtst

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 04:32:08 PM »

Thanks for the reply! Sorry for taking so long to get back. I thought I had notifications turned on, but didn't.

I was having "connection issues" before this unit. As in, it would on a regular basis, say that the unit was offline. Which would then wake me at 2am in the morning because I set the most annoying and loud sound I could find, so it would wake me...if there was water in the basement. D-Link had me RMA that unit, and so far, I haven't had the offline issue, yet. Just won't update firmware, like my other two units did on their own.

As far as the manual goes, I already tried that before I RMA'd the first unit. The app doesn't give me the option. I see where it says "Current Firmware Version" but tapping it does nothing. Here is a screenshot of the app https://imgur.com/a/s9Jf8GS

sensor_guy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 12:39:03 PM »

So I have the same issue.  One sensor is at 1.07.01 and the other is stuck at 1.03.02.  There is no option anymore to select the update interval in the old app as shown in the manual (2019) that was suggested on this thread.  The firmware field cannot be selected.  I just updated to the newest mobile app today and it is the same.  No option to force an update or set the time to update.

I clicked the button on the senor and it goes green so it is online.  Battery level is fine.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 12:42:43 PM by sensor_guy »

harisfr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 12:05:09 PM »

Manual is wrong. the screen shown is nowhere to be found in the application (currently running version 2.2.0 build 383). I can only see my sensors firmware which is I guess a very outdated 1.0.2-b01. any ideas?