• April 26, 2024, 10:44:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Symptoms of lockup/slowdown issues  (Read 3145 times)

Ak47ira

• Level 1 Member
Symptoms of lockup/slowdown issues
« on: October 12, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »

Couldn't think of a better title, but I wanted to make sure that the symptoms I'm seeing are similar to that of what other people are seeing.  It seems that my biggest problem with slowness is whenever I "switch tasks", by task, I mean one of the following:

1.  Surfing via wired connection
2.  Surfing via wireless connection
3.  File sharing (wired-wired, wireless-wired, wireless-wireless)
4.  Printing (printer is on a wireless connection, this is technically #3)

Would everybody agree they have the same issues?  I can get about 7 days out of my router before I give up and reach for the power cord.

I really miss my DGL-4300...stupid lightning strikes disabling the wan port...

Fizzy226

• Level 1 Member
Re: Symptoms of lockup/slowdown issues
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:39:19 AM »

For me when I play games and go to website. After 6 hours of usage. My router will stop working, unable to go in to 192.168.0.1, and internet stop working. Quick fix is to unplug it. And yes I have a A1 model.

jdiffend

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »

Everything works fine for me, downloading, streaming video... and suddenly the WiFi drops in speed to where you can barely load a web page.  The wired ports continue to be fast for a while and then they suddenly grind to a near halt.  I have to reset the thing at that point because everything stops responding.
If left alone I believe it ends up crashing or resetting on it's own.

Palmac06

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:12:14 PM »

Yeah Im having the same problem, you know what, Ive just notice something wrong, I found that the time and date on my DGL-4500 was off like 4-5 months, and the time was off by couple of hours... now I reset the correct date and time. Maybe that couple be the cause of the problem... (crossing my fingers) ill just have to wait a week to see if I need to pull the plug again...  :-\