• March 28, 2024, 08:45:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSN-1100-10 Restore Factory Setting  (Read 12152 times)

sancho79

• Level 1 Member
DSN-1100-10 Restore Factory Setting
« on: August 01, 2012, 01:22:14 AM »

Hi all,

i got a DSN-1100-10 NAS, whitch i can not acces via XStack, cause the Admin installing the system missed to document the admin password correctly :-(

i can access (and have already backed up) ALL the data from the iSCSI exports so i want to factory restore the device.

I´ve tried the "reset button" but as written in docu it only resets the device not restores the factory settings.
Probably i could extract all the HDDs and insert a blank one, but i´d prefer an "device settings reset" rather than an "rest ALL data on the NAS" including Userdata AND NAS settings.

is there a possibility to restore factory settings to acces the management interface without resetting all HDDs ?

Greetings Sancho

sancho79

• Level 1 Member
Re: DSN-1100-10 Restore Factory Setting
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:08:15 AM »

LOL are there no DLink Support Guys reading this forum ?

http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/support/faqs/network-storage-backup/san/dsn-series/i-forgot-my-password-on-my-san-how-do-i-reset-the-password

works for me.

!!!! Watch out the described "Step 3: Enter the number 4 to continue with boot operation." is different on my NAS, and hitting "4" resets all data on the NAS ;-)    !!!!

Greettings Sancho