• March 28, 2024, 04:28:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Replacement parts cameras?  (Read 23199 times)

road-runner

• Level 1 Member
Replacement parts cameras?
« on: July 01, 2010, 04:16:37 PM »

I have several dlink ip cameras and other brands also, only ones that have quit working are 3 dlinks and after the 1 year warranty of course. I have a DCS 3420, DCS 5220 and a 6620G that have quit. 1 just quit on its on the 3420, the other 2 lightning hit near my house, took out my modem and router went through the cable TV I guess down the road to where the cameras were and took out a 6620 and 5220.

The cameras spin around like there working when first plugged in but the red light stays on and they cant be found on the network. I took them apart and was wondering if I can buy the circuit board or little motherboard for them?

jeffjohn

• Level 2 Member
Re: Replacement parts cameras?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:20:58 AM »

Yes me too!  DCS6620 bookend.  red + green lights, no restet and no IP.

jeffjohn

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 04:48:33 AM »

Could d-link staff respond to this, please!  there are many of us with defunct IP Cams that need a new m/board.  Otherwise the product is just an expensive paper-weight after its short warranty!!

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 04:31:56 PM »

I need the tiny .5 inch cooling fan for my DCS-5300G....  :(

Hey ECF!  Any help here?

WyreNut
Moderator, Palm Inc. Community Forums
http://forums.palm.com

road-runner

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 06:33:31 AM »

I doubt we will get any answer, from my experience with trying to get warranty on one and from what I have read from other people your pretty much own your own, dlink support is pretty much non existence. They just want to sell new cameras after that good luck...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 09:19:48 AM »

The D-Link site contains a page in the support section for "Purchasing Spare Parts".  There's an email form with a drop down list for the model number.  See the "PURCHASING SPARE PARTS" link on this page:
http://www.dlink.com/support/
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 07:59:18 PM »

Nice catch JavaLawyer!  I've never seen that link, though I've viewed that page many times!

I hope to have a new cooling fan on order soon!  :)

WyreNut
Moderator, Palm Inc. Community Forums
http://forums.palm.com

tdavis34

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 11:27:28 AM »

Good Luck, they never answer that either. I needed a new camera board for my dead 5300G, so I wrote there to ask. Three months later, I have heard NOTHING.

mclainbarbosa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »

I doubt that you get no response, in my experience, trying to get together and provide what I've read others who almost single-handedly, Dlink support is more or less as it exists. They just want to sell new cameras after happiness ...

jeffjohn

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 03:36:14 AM »

So does anyone know how to procure a replacement board for a 6620G?  I have requested one from the URL given and note that I am assured a prompt reply! Surely there is one repair shop in the USA????

In Hope, Jeff

jeffjohn

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 03:16:01 AM »

well it appears that if you use a 'foreign' ISP and enquire about a USA sourced DCS (6200G) you don't get any acknowledgement at all!  All I need is a replacement MB or a 'flash'.  Does no-one service D-Link equipment??? 
I can't believe this level of product support is a winning commercial strategy.  Can someone in the US try inquiring through the out-of-warranty link for me to see what the response is?  Thanks.

tdavis34

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 01:39:12 PM »

My DCS-6620G just died as well - red+green lights = paperweight. I will NEVER EVER EVER buy anything from D-Link again, as many have noted, they might as well not claim to even have a support department.

jeffjohn

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 10:13:19 AM »

Do you have a "fitness-for-purpose" legislation in the USA?  European obligatory support extends to six years, I understand - so if you sell into Europe you will be obliged to conform!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 10:30:12 AM »

Do you have a "fitness-for-purpose" legislation in the USA?  European obligatory support extends to six years, I understand - so if you sell into Europe you will be obliged to conform!

Under U.S. Commercial Law this is called "Implied Warranty of Fitness for a Particular Purpose." Another applicable law is "Implied Warrant of Merchantability."

Generally speaking, in both cases, a seller is obligated to ensure that a purchased product adequately fulfills the main purpose for which the product is intended for.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:36:59 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

jeffjohn

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 06:47:41 AM »

Thank you javalawyer!!  So where does this leave D-Link who decline to support their products out of warranty or apparently off-shore.  Many of us request a replacement motherboard to recover an otherwise useless product. As for discriminating against non-domestic users, viz DCS-6620G in Europe, I am amazed that D-Link can get away with it!
Pages: [1] 2