• April 24, 2024, 03:52:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Download Stall Problems, Corrupt File Problems  (Read 4359 times)

gmatt

• Level 1 Member
Download Stall Problems, Corrupt File Problems
« on: March 09, 2009, 01:21:18 PM »

In an effort not to hijack the thread at http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=4026.msg26453#msg26453 I will post my problems in this seperate thread. Here is a recap from that thread.

After installing this card I was getting corrupted file errors when running games. I suspected my RAM was at fault so I ran memtest application http://hcidesign.com/memtest/ in Vista and it reported an error in reading/writing the memory. I then proceeded to confirm this RAM error with three other RAM diagnostic tools (Vista Memory Diagnostic tool, Memtest86+, Dell Diagnostic Tool) all of which reported absolutely no errors in the RAM after running each one for several days (note that all 3 of these tools do not run in Vista, and note that I took the wifi card out when I was performing these tests.)

I am strongly convinced that the corrupt read and writes to memory are a direct consequence of installing this card as I have verified I have absolutely no faulty RAM, and since then I have verified that my Hardrive's are absolutely healthy using SMART.  This card does VERY weird things (see the thread above about rebooting instead of shutting down in Vista x64) and it also stalls on longer downloads (for example a 200mb download might complete without a stall but most likely will stall before completing.)

My system has 8gb of RAM and a NForce 650i Motherboard. I have recently installed the most recent drivers for my motherboard and since then the problem of Rebooting and Shutting Down has seemed to have gone away. However, the problem of corrupt files is impossible to track and I cannot tell if it has gone away or will pop back up. Also the problem of downloads stalling is most likey a consequence that the driver is incorrectly made to not-support more than 4gb of RAM. This is a common error in network drivers and should be corrected right away. The dlink dev team should try to get their hands on more than 4gb of RAM and test it for themselves. There is a official Microsoft Workaround to the issue of more than 4gb RAM in a system and the problem of stalling.

I also have the concern that this card might have damaged my PSU and thereby damaged any of my other Hardware. Does anyone know if this is possible impossible?

gmatt

• Level 1 Member
Re: Download Stall Problems, Corrupt File Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:10:26 PM »

You know what, this thing is not even worth the trouble. Worst experience I've had with any piece of hardware in a long time. Random behaviour, corrupting files, restarting systems without permission. This is a piece of junk. Don't bother replying.

I was able to confirm this card screws up my RAM by running a memory test without the card for several days without a single error and with the card for about an hour with an error.

I'm going to post in every possible place of purchase online a review of exactly what this card did. Potential buyers who read it may be rightly dissuaded. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 06:09:53 PM by gmatt »