• March 28, 2024, 05:14:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGL-4100 Firmware Upgrade  (Read 5183 times)

ryocoon

• Level 1 Member
DGL-4100 Firmware Upgrade
« on: August 18, 2010, 10:45:11 PM »

I would sincerely like to ask if there will be any update to the firmware code for the DGL-4100. I have seen quite a bit of activity for the DGL-4500, and there is continued activity. I do own one of these, but at another site I have a DGL-4100 (because some of the tenants are concerned about the WiFi radiation).

I have noticed hiccups with the performance of the DGL-4100, and if you really wish me to investigate heavily I can post logs, multi-site analysis, wireshark dumps (both internal and external). Generally the "Gamer Grade" or "Enthusiast Grade" are supposed to be heavily supported and just short of the Small Business line and sometimes even Enterprise devices. I do honestly wish there would be some word on if D-Link has just EoL (end of life) marked this product line, or do they intend to support the hardware with further upgrades to mediate the issues that have been noted on this board (plus many that haven't)?