• March 28, 2024, 01:34:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: What is the official release date of 1.06 ??  (Read 62543 times)

dns-323

• Level 1 Member
Re: What is the official release date of 1.06 ??
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 10:58:54 AM »

The intention was not hound mods/devs but to get an estimated release date. If I am told to wait till christmas for the release, I have no problems logging into this forum on the announced day to look for firmware. I am sure the dev team would have setup somekind o***oal to release the fmware.

What I do not like is to get to this forum every morning to see if the firmware has been released today. Just, don't leave people hanging by leaving messages like.. release could be in weeks if not next week.

>:(

I wouldnt expect the firmware before x-mas, not to mention this rls looks like a b-fix rls (no majorly huge new features).

On another note, i have personally found that hounding the mods/devs NEVER makes a rls come earlier.

It comes when it comes

Take care.

PeterF

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 03:31:08 PM »

There was another post on this forum which indicated the release would be this week or next.  Seeing the performance issue with the Seagate 1.5 tb drive is being addressed with a firmware fix, I ordered two of the drives this afternoon.  I am hoping the drives, the firmware update from D-Link and the firware fix from Seagate all arrive around the same time.  I need something to do over the long Thanksgiving weekend.

MountainMan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 03:51:24 PM »

Whats the firmware fix from Seagate that you mentioned?  Is that fix for their 1 TB drives from the same family as the 1.5 TB?

I've never upgraded firmware to a harddrive.  Didn't even know they did that.

Can you post a link to info and instructions?

Thanks

PeterF

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 07:28:14 PM »

It's only for the 1.5TB firmware.

Here's the link to the "official" announcement on the Seagate forum.

http://forums.seagate.com/stx/board/message?board.id=ata_drives&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=3116#M3116

Sam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 03:24:56 PM »

I can't get them do work wit 1.05 even. probably need to format them in a PC first?

divesheik

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 03:49:54 PM »

I'm very disappointed so far with the extended wait for 1.06. A month ago the Beta was almost finished. Two weeks ago it was supposed to be released in a week. I'm really tired of the UPnP server bug on the 4 GB file size limitation. At this time, the unit is virtually worthless for the intent I bought it for.

Can D-Link not commit to a date for this firmware? This units have been selling for some time with these issues, some of them major. It would be nice to have them fixed so this unit can do everything that D-Link advertised it could.

Exvitermini

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »

i totally agree with divesheik
If i knew about this issue, i wouldnt of bought it yet. I paid 180 CAD for this and now its gone down to 139 CAD. dats kinda dumb.

Leathal

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 06:28:51 AM »

It doesn't look like Dlink is in the business of making money and keeping their customers happy otherwise they would be keeping us uptodate with respect to the firmware update. I know Intel would never let things like this slip through their fingers so I my just have to spend the extra money to buy a better product and customer service.

A.

jrbilodeau

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 10:17:34 AM »

i dont know why people keep complaining about the firmware realease date. they've already said that it would be comming out soon, they didn't promise an official date. just let them finish the dang testing so that we don't get some firmware with a bunch of bugs in it. complaining isn't going to make it better or come out faster, testing these things take time so stop being so impatient.

besides their implementing new functionallity and asking us what we them to add to for functionallity, so don't be so hard on them. if you think you can do a better job and why not apply for a job a dlink and show them how its done.

CraZy675

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 03:25:42 PM »

Hi I'm a loyal D-Link Customer (I purchase all D-Link networking products for my home based business).

I Purchased the DNS-323 because it was cheap and said it supports the xbox360 "soon".

I just wanted to let D-Link know I'm awaiting the 1.06 firmware update just like many of other customers.

Thanks

Leathal

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 02:01:29 PM »

i dont know why people keep complaining about the firmware realease date. they've already said that it would be comming out soon, they didn't promise an official date. just let them finish the dang testing so that we don't get some firmware with a bunch of bugs in it. complaining isn't going to make it better or come out faster, testing these things take time so stop being so impatient.

besides their implementing new functionallity and asking us what we them to add to for functionallity, so don't be so hard on them. if you think you can do a better job and why not apply for a job a dlink and show them how its done.

Because the 1.5TB fix is a walk in the park, no joke.. its about 5 to 10 lines of code to fix on the web interface which doesn't not require them to test it for weeks on end, unless of course Dlink has scaled it operations back to 1 developer and 2 testers for all their products in light of the recent market changes :)

A.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 02:20:26 PM »

Because the 1.5TB fix is a walk in the park, no joke.. its about 5 to 10 lines of code to fix on the web interface which doesn't not require them to test it for weeks on end, unless of course Dlink has scaled it operations back to 1 developer and 2 testers for all their products in light of the recent market changes :)

A.

How about I give YOU a link to the 1.05 code and YOU add those 5 to 10 lines - isn't the the "raison d'etre" of opensource - giving YOU the code so YOU can make the changes that YOU need?
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

espiritu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 06:14:19 PM »

How about I give YOU a link to the 1.05 code and YOU add those 5 to 10 lines - isn't the the "raison d'etre" of opensource - giving YOU the code so YOU can make the changes that YOU need?

if he did and then we applied the "patch" wouldn't that void our warranty?

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 06:32:28 PM »

if he did and then we applied the "patch" wouldn't that void our warranty?

Let me answer your question with one of my own.

If I told you no - this would not void your warranty, and offered you a patched version of the firmware that would fix the problem - would you load it?

Would you load a piece of software or firmware - provided to you by a total stranger - because it supposedly resolves a problem you are having?

Do you have any idea what that piece of software will actually do?
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

espiritu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2008, 08:00:34 AM »

Let me answer your question with one of my own.

If I told you no - this would not void your warranty, and offered you a patched version of the firmware that would fix the problem - would you load it?

Would you load a piece of software or firmware - provided to you by a total stranger - because it supposedly resolves a problem you are having?

Do you have any idea what that piece of software will actually do?

That really is the beauty of GPL/open source code, its open to examination by everyone in the community. I seriously doubt that many of the people using the Funplug "patches" know the developers. However, I believe one of the D-link mods have advised that using that code does in fact void the warranty.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7