• March 28, 2024, 07:04:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: problems with gmail  (Read 3470 times)

a27756112

• Level 1 Member
problems with gmail
« on: June 02, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »

Has anyone had problem with gmail. I get an email  telling me delivery to the following recipient failed permanently. I can send other emails. only messages from my camera are rejected.

GraceL

• Level 1 Member
Re: problems with gmail
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:06:11 AM »

This happened to me last night as I was practicing with the sensitivity settings.  The emails came in fine and then all of a sudden they stopped.  It looks like Gmail thinks it's spam.  I have contacted them but haven't heard back yet.  I tried other emails but the tests haven't worked for them either.  Very frustrating!

GraceL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »

We just called the 800 # - 1.877.453.5465.  We were told to try different ports as well as different email addresses.  The ports we were given are - 587, 465, and 25.  I gave up on Gmail and went with AOL.  465 worked with it and the notifications are now coming in fine.  I'm hoping this fix lasts!

Midnite Stalk3r

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »

It took awhile...but I got mine set up with gmail, here are the settings I used. 

SMTP Server Address = smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Server Port = 465
Sender E-mail Address = ??
Receiver E-mail Address = ??
User Name = ??
Password = ??
Use SSL-TLS/STARTTLS = SSL-TLS