• March 28, 2024, 11:41:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-343 Apps?  (Read 10596 times)

FdjC

• Level 1 Member
DNS-343 Apps?
« on: December 30, 2009, 12:53:55 PM »

Hey guys, DNS-343 newb here! ;)

I bought one literally last week and stuck 2 x 1TB WD's and she's running smooth after format and data transfer. Goes great to my PC (when using Ethernet cable, not so good on the cheap usb wireless) and the Xbox360. Updated to Firmware 1.03 as well before first use.

Bought a DNS-323 for my uncle's business to run RAID1 for backups of course and its going strong now for like 8 months without any issues. Great job on that box btw guys 8), onto mine now though.

I have another NAS (will not name it to discredit the brand) and it had the ability to use 3rd party open source packages such as TwonkyMedia, bittorrent capabilities and so forth.

Are there many packages for the DNS-343 as of yet? (Except the torrent one)

To my knowledge Twonky hasn't worked with this lil box just yet (Wish it did as it was good on the old nas...when the nas actually worked I mean... ::)).
I have MLDonkey and fun_plug installed just last night and I THINK the torrent scheduling is working, will keep and eye on it over the next few days. Wonder if it has capability to download from rapidshare (and other HTTP) like Flashget for the PC?

Am I correct in saying packages/add-ons only became an option in the new firmware release?
Are there any other packages in development for the 343?
Anyone have any AV packages they have working in the meantime?

Hopefully someone can answer my Q's and point me in the right direction.

Regards,
FdjC

FdjC

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-343 Apps?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 04:17:49 AM »

Near 100 views and not even a welcome?!?!?!
Bit rude like  :o

Are all of my questions that un-answerable??

hilaireg

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 12:21:02 PM »

Hi FdjC,

There are a few official Add-On packages that have been officially released by D-Link Engineering at the moment - ADS, BT, etc.

You'll likely not get much feedback regarding the other questions you have if they involve "fun-plugging" the device as that is not officially supported by D-Link and typically voids the product warranty.

HTH,

FdjC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 04:16:31 AM »

That would explain it...

Installed fun_plug as it was needed for MLDonkey, needed MLDonkey as bittorent client DLink supply has no scheduling and I wanted to work around peak/off peak hours from ISP.

That sucks, I didn't know the fun_plug voided the warranty, heck I do not even know what it does, just that it was needed for MLDonkey according to the guide I followed. If I had known I wouldn't have put it on dammit >.<

roflcopter666

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 01:43:27 PM »

Fdjc,  how does MLdonkey work on your 343?   Does the scheduling work?
What guide did you use to install?  I found this - http://www.shadowandy.net/tag/dns-343
Does it give you a GUI or do you have to use commands by telnet?

Thanks in advance.

FdjC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:30:07 AM »

Fdjc,  how does MLdonkey work on your 343?   Does the scheduling work?
What guide did you use to install?  I found this - http://www.shadowandy.net/tag/dns-343
Does it give you a GUI or do you have to use commands by telnet?

Thanks in advance.

That's the same site I used too.
http://www.shadowandy.net/2009/01/mldonkey-297.htm
THATS exactly what i did, although where he puts the package name you need ot change to the package you use. I had to also install a graphical library to work the GUI.

At first you need to start the service via telnet and set MLDonkey to start when the 343 is booted. Its all in the above link.

Yes, scheduling works great, I have an ISP that has peak hours limit of 30GB a month and unlimted off peak so I set it to transfer off-peak hehe. I used "pause all" and "resume all" at the hours I wanted of 12am resume all to 8am pause all.  ;D