• March 28, 2024, 02:38:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need help with d-viewcam ver 2.03 when playing a dvf crashes  (Read 3759 times)

amacias

• Level 1 Member

Hi
I have 4 dcs-2120 connected wirelessly on d-link DWL-G700AP, all of them have static IPs, DNS configured,  recording video was working fine.
The thing is when I am trying to review a dvf on "the video search and playback" it suddenly freezes the image although the time keeps running and suddenly the whole application crashes with no message whatsoever. This has not happened before with other dvf files or cameras.

Is there a way to fix the faulty dvf? what caused it so it wont happen again.

Any help would be really appreciated

By the way I īve already upgraded D-viewCam to 3.0 1202 hoping this issue is already fixed but the dvf still needs to be reviewed.

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
Re: Need help with d-viewcam ver 2.03 when playing a dvf crashes
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:42:19 PM »

There is a stand-alone tool that converts .dvf to .avi (link is http://bliny.net/blog/post/Converting-D-Link-D-ViewCam-DVF-files-to-AVI.aspx), which does require the 2.x installation (for dll's), but could help you out to close the process...

amacias

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 04:27:44 PM »

Thank you Mackerel, hereīs what Iīve done since I read your answer, downloaded the  tool tried on several dvfs which worked fine, but the dvf in question crashed the dvf converter also, although it converted 12 minutes but the remaining 40 or so minutes, I havenīt been able to watch them.

I wander if thereīs a tool to repair such files.

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »

I wander if thereīs a tool to repair such files.

Not to my knowledge, but mayhap the good folk at D-Link have something...