• April 18, 2024, 11:14:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WBR2310 - FACTORY WIRELESS FLAW - I have 48 messed up units - see pic  (Read 8552 times)

georgeberz

• Level 1 Member

I have used the wbr2310 for a couple years with no problems with the wireless turned off as just a router with static IP addresses, I have referred this model to many clients not realizing the WIRELESS FLAW of the unit.

I have 48 of these units connected in 2 banks of 24 as seen here connected each to its own dsl line.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/S3KOVkuFLE7n-kzk1MpuVQ?feat=directlink

I have since pulled a few units to use as wireless routers upgraded the software to v1.05 from 1.04 went back to 1.04 etc... no fixes.

The issue is after 12 or so hours of a dhcp connection the wireless signal gets jammed up and cannot make a wireless connection... the only way to make a connection is to reboot the router then all is fine until the next overnight period of 10-12 hrs then the exact same issue all over again router needs rebooting to fix issue. This is a problem with every one I have tried (6) now and tried v1.05 and v1.04 of the firmware and same issue.

Now I know that I am out of my factory warrnaty period and it disgusts me that there is no FIX for a obvious DLINK problem that was hidden for nearly 2 years as I never used the wireless features in my application until now.

Is there a DLINK factory rep out there that will come to my rescue?, I use dlink routers and switches and my other dir625 works great... any help is appreciated, I have a new application to press these routers into and need wireless to work.

Until I get this issues resolved I will not be able to recommend any dlink stuff to anybody anymore.

Someone please help!!!

George

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:41:08 AM by georgeberz »

georgeberz

• Level 1 Member
Re: WBR2310 - FACTORY WIRELESS FLAW - I have 48 messed up units - see pic
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 09:58:41 AM »

Are there not any FACTORY techs monitoring this site?

cloon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 06:04:47 PM »

Hi,
   first you are a crazy men putting all those router like that :D  :P

I had a LOT of issues with that unit until I've installed v1.05 but now it seems stable (ie not rebooting by itself and never had to force a reset)  I'm using SUPER G with WPA-TKIP for security.  I'm reserving DHCP ip address and I am using MAC filtering.  try to reset the unit to factory default, upgrade to 1.05 and make your change to the configuration.  (enable wireless/security,setup internet access)  curiously it did work for me...

Some people are also using some old firmware from Russia D-link but I do not remember the address try looking at the thread about disconnecting & rebooting of the unit...

I know it's not much but I did manage to get it working ...    (I'm also preventing anybody I know to buy D-link routers but consumer grade unit from almost any brand are not so good....)

good luck

georgeberz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »

Still no fix, i've been on with DLINK tech support 4x now case number
ALR400836201
They keep telling me to change the BEACON, RTS, FRAG, Channel, MTU
I keep getting the buck passed
They even suggested that my laptop wireless dosent work, but when I told them that I had a dir625 wireless router that was working they said use that one then???? arrgggghhhhh
Today they wanted me to take it back to the store that I got it from... claiming it was defective, they forget all to easily that I have 48 of these. How can 48 all be defective, its a factory FLAW
Did they EVER work?

here is a screen shot of the actual issue after 24 hrs notice that it says connected to (test) but yet unidentified network...

http://remotedsl.com/dlink2310_wireless_error1.jpg

It shows above LIMITED CONNECTIVITY This is the issue when trying to connect via wireless after 24 hrs.

Tier 3 tech support is supposed to contact me on the 14th to address this issue...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:50:14 PM by georgeberz »

georgeberz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 03:44:42 PM »

Dlink tier 3 support was supposed to call on the 14th and I 've been waiting 2 days no call

I guess I'll have to call them again....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:50:43 PM by georgeberz »

zkhaial

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 04:18:39 AM »

Same issue here. I have 2 of these units here.
fw1.04 - WIP128 & network DHCP. everything was fine.

Then just last week i decided to upgrade the routers.
fw1.05 - WPA2_AES & network DHCP. problems everywhere now.

- Wireless clients not got IP from DHCP
- Static IP works going to the internet & the Dlink routers
- Static IP unstable with wired clients.
  (Pings replies for hours then out of the blue the they don't reply- router reboot required at this point)

This almost feels like the network is splitting. or local network MTU gets all screwy.
All I can say this really sucks.

ZK

BTW - That is a big mess you have there Brother. (shame on the person who setup this mess)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 04:43:29 AM by zkhaial »

ataxy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 09:32:37 AM »

sorry to say this but as with all electronic this will end up phased out, and forget about support, as you can see dlink does not offer any help and this is not a problem with your router but this generation of dlink router i have tryed all mix of down and upgrade on this router and even switching to d-624 firmware (wbr-2310 and d-624 are the same) and i still get the same bug where as soon as you put a bit to much of a load on the connection the router fails

my solution to my problem was to get rid of it.
D-Link wbr-2310 sux and D-Link does not care like 99.9999999999999% of corporations