• April 16, 2024, 02:12:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 disapearing  (Read 6628 times)

mattbell

• Level 1 Member
DNS-323 disapearing
« on: November 26, 2007, 08:30:49 AM »

My DNS-323 seems to periodically disappear from the available network shares under both Vista32 and XP.  I have one at work that does the exact same thing.  If you log into the browser interface and reboot the unit it comes right back.  This occurs when the HD shutdown timer is on or off.  Also, when Vista32 has a drive letter mapping to the DNS-323 and is rebooted it complains that it cannot reconnect to network drives.  If you wait a minute or so and click on the drive with the red X it will reconnect most times.  Anyone else seeing these issues?

kweimer

Re: DNS-323 disapearing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »

I have a similar issue...if I reboot computer because of an update, the DNS-323 as drive X goes away and I am unable to go back into Easy Search Utility and assign a drive letter to the DNS...I am stuck in the loop of 1) highlight volume, 2) select drive letter X, 3) Click connect, 4) Login at Login popup window, 5) Error window popup with message "Failed to Map Drive".  At this point the DNS-323 is useless to me.  I have been dealing with this and  similar issues with the DNS-323 for two weeks...I have yet to get the DNS-323 to do what it is supposed to do.  This is set up as a RAID1 drive with two 500GB HD's.  How do I get out of this "Failed to Map Drive" loop? :'(

gugaucb

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 04:08:21 AM »

I have a similar problem... The iTunes Server disappear after 5 to 10 seconds when I'm using iTunes v. 7.5.0.20. I was pinging the DNS-323 and them response all the requests. What happened?  ???

chuckv

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 09:22:07 PM »

matt, this maybe a network issue & not the 323 (i am currently under the same boat) but have yet to identify the network issue

see this location for further info

http://forum.dsmg600.info/t1182-Itune-Server-does-work-me.html

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 09:24:21 PM by chuckv »

Thunder

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 05:19:32 PM »

I have a similar issue...if I reboot computer because of an update, the DNS-323 as drive X goes away and I am unable to go back into Easy Search Utility and assign a drive letter to the DNS...I am stuck in the loop of 1) highlight volume, 2) select drive letter X, 3) Click connect, 4) Login at Login popup window, 5) Error window popup with message "Failed to Map Drive".  At this point the DNS-323 is useless to me.  I have been dealing with this and  similar issues with the DNS-323 for two weeks...I have yet to get the DNS-323 to do what it is supposed to do.  This is set up as a RAID1 drive with two 500GB HD's.  How do I get out of this "Failed to Map Drive" loop? :'(

I had this problem.  I found that the operating system had already assigned the drive letter even though it wasn't showing.  You can't disconnect the drive and you can't assign the drive letter in the easy find utility.  The way I fixed it was to use the command prompt and manually disconnect the drive them re-connect with the easy find utility.  The command prompt commands are as follows:

To disconnect a mapped drive: 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type cmd.
3. Type net use x: /delete, where x: is the drive letter of the shared resource.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 12:47:31 PM »

Try setting a static IP address to the DNS-323. In the Easy search utility 3.8.0.0 goto receive DHCP and select disable and enter the IP address information it had previously in grey is the easiest way.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

hokajaka

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 07:10:41 AM »

Hi

I have the same problem with my DNS 323 after reset with the error message Failed to map drive.  I tried the advice but still have the problem

chuckv

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »

i have found that (only on specific situations below), the nas will disapear

large media folder (must have the media center turned on of course) will cause the nas to go "off line". processor handling maybe? i have about 30gb of MP3s and on my refresh rate of every 8 hours worked (as long as i dont try to watch or access that nas within that 8 hour interval refresh)

also, if you are doing a sync from one volume to another (NOT Riad 1)..  this also overloads the nas (processor again?). just have to wait till the HD lights stop blinking together for me to use it again

HTH