• March 29, 2024, 02:04:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-130 A1 and Windows 7  (Read 7801 times)

FayeC

• Level 1 Member
DWA-130 A1 and Windows 7
« on: December 07, 2009, 05:20:42 PM »

I purchased two DWA-130 adapters from DELL when I purchased my 2 new computers.
I got one DWA-130 C1 and one DWA-130 A1.
The C1 is able to connect to my DIR-655 via the WPS settings but would not just freely join the network when I tried to connect using the D-Link network manager installed from the adapter's driver cd.
The A1 does not show sign of life on the Windows 7 computer at all. I can verify that it works properly on my XP computers but the Windows 7 new machines do not recognize it at all.
I noticed some conflicting information on the forum....some say that revision C1 is bad and A1 is better under Windows 7 other posts say that A1 will not connect under windows 7 at all.
I am not sure what to believe or what to do about it....
I contacted D-Link and they say that there is no timeline to when a specific driver for Windows 7 will be released.
I also don't have a very good understanding of what firmware I should be using for which adapter.
Another interesting thing is that the A1 adapter came with the latest 1.30 driver which did not work but the C1 adapter came with the 1.20 driver which worked on one of the machines. I am extremely confused about this as the Windows 7 compatibility center website shows the DWA-130 as fully compatible.
Can anybody give me a straight answer on this one?

Thank you in advance,

FayeC

amaterissimus

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA-130 A1 and Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 02:46:34 AM »

Hi!
I have D-Link DWA-130 version A1G (a kind of EU version) is the same piece of junk like yours.
I downloaded drivers (red text make clear that it should be treated as a beta) but no use.
As the same time D-link running banner containing text: compatible with Windows 7 ( why is the driver a beta???).
It is not the true!
D-Link DWA-130 is NOT compatible with Windows 7.
Some version maybe can work with Windows 7 but not all of them.
Do not buy it!