• March 28, 2024, 04:24:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Firmware Version: 1.04Beta observations so far  (Read 61991 times)

drick

• Level 3 Member
Re: Firmware Version: 1.04Beta observations so far
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 08:24:49 AM »

Yes. We don't send out parts =P.

that is what i figured, will they cross ship me a new unit if i provide CC up front?
DNS-323v1.8 + ffp 0.5
2x750GB Seagate HDD's / RAID1+EXT3
DNS-343A - retired due to faulty fan
DNS-343B - retired due to faulty fan
DNS-343C v1.05b + ffp 0.5
4x2TB Seagate HDD's / RAID5+EXT3
Netgear RNDP6000
6x2TB WD HDD's / RAID6
Netgear WNDR4500

drick

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 08:35:09 AM »

here is another weird one.

one one of my units, i have 3 directories mapped to a Win7 X64 machine that is in a workgroup. i can not any of the directories via their mapped names. i also cannot mount the unit by ip address to the root folder

i can see directory 2 from other machines on my network

this changed after upgrading to 1.04 fw.
DNS-323v1.8 + ffp 0.5
Netgear RNDP6000
6x2TB WD HDD's / RAID6
Netgear WNDR4500

dice1111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 09:30:41 AM »

1.04beta is working for me, thank you.

I believe this is a known issue, but browsing the Upnp directories, %20 is used instead of a space on all files and directories.

Dice

dice1111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 09:32:11 AM »

that is what i figured, will they cross ship me a new unit if i provide CC up front?

Yes they will. I have done it twice now, trying to trouble shoot this fan issue.

Dice

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 10:05:07 AM »

1.04beta is working for me, thank you.

I believe this is a known issue, but browsing the Upnp directories, %20 is used instead of a space on all files and directories.

Dice

Yeah I am aware of this issue. We did do some minor upnp changes in this beta so it must have caused this.

dice1111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »

I have also posted this in the "Requires frequent manual refreshes" thread:

Also, with the 1.04beta.

Another issue I have noticed (i haven't played around with it however), is that some folders are not located in their proper directories when accessing via my Upnp device.

Folders that should be located in Volume1 - Media - Pictures are located in Volume1. These folders are located in the correct location when browsing via windows on the PC.

The device is a Samsung Blu-Ray Player: BD-C5500

I do have two other Upnp devices, an Asus O!Play HD, and two PS3's a old style and a new slim. i will try and recreate this on the other devices when I get a chance.

Dice

drick

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 07:18:50 AM »

here is another weird one.

one one of my units, i have 3 directories mapped to a Win7 X64 machine that is in a workgroup. i can not any of the directories via their mapped names. i also cannot mount the unit by ip address to the root folder

i can see directory 2 from other machines on my network

this changed after upgrading to 1.04 fw.

never mind, this is not a DLink problem, it's a NetGear problem. I also added another switch to my environment at the same time.

That's what i get for making multiple changes at once.  :-[
DNS-323v1.8 + ffp 0.5
Netgear RNDP6000
6x2TB WD HDD's / RAID6
Netgear WNDR4500

dice1111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 03:04:29 PM »

I have also posted this in the "Requires frequent manual refreshes" thread:

Also, with the 1.04beta.

Another issue I have noticed (i haven't played around with it however), is that some folders are not located in their proper directories when accessing via my Upnp device.

Folders that should be located in Volume1 - Media - Pictures are located in Volume1. These folders are located in the correct location when browsing via windows on the PC.

The device is a Samsung Blu-Ray Player: BD-C5500

I do have two other Upnp devices, an Asus O!Play HD, and two PS3's a old style and a new slim. i will try and recreate this on the other devices when I get a chance.

Dice

This is actually occurring on the other devices as well. When I go to the Pictures folder where these folders should be, they are not there.
I am doing a manual refresh of the Upnp and will see if this has an effect.

Dice

rccoleman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 03:40:02 AM »

After getting the lockup/loud fan issue repeatedly on my relatively new unit, I got the new beta firmware.  I attempted to install it through the web interface and it appeared to go through the update process (progress bar went to the end), ending with the fan running at full blast.  After about 30 minutes, the web page hadn't refreshed and I couldn't ping the device, so I pulled the power.  Now it's stuck in a reboot loop that I can't get it out of, even if I hold down the reset button on the back.  Is there any way out of this?

The current sequence is "DLink", "System is booting..." (animated), "System Restart!", "DLink", etc.

My searches for a "dead device" restore are coming up empty.

Thanks,
Rob

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 08:21:33 AM »

After getting the lockup/loud fan issue repeatedly on my relatively new unit, I got the new beta firmware.  I attempted to install it through the web interface and it appeared to go through the update process (progress bar went to the end), ending with the fan running at full blast.  After about 30 minutes, the web page hadn't refreshed and I couldn't ping the device, so I pulled the power.  Now it's stuck in a reboot loop that I can't get it out of, even if I hold down the reset button on the back.  Is there any way out of this?

The current sequence is "DLink", "System is booting..." (animated), "System Restart!", "DLink", etc.

My searches for a "dead device" restore are coming up empty.

Thanks,
Rob

I have seen something similar before. Are you running a Raid 5 with 4 drives? Try popping out the last drive in the array before booting. You may need to wipe the partitions on that drive and put it back in the DNS-343 to let it rebuild correctly.

rccoleman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 08:39:25 AM »

I have seen something similar before. Are you running a Raid 5 with 4 drives? Try popping out the last drive in the array before booting. You may need to wipe the partitions on that drive and put it back in the DNS-343 to let it rebuild correctly.

I'm actually running in JBOD mode (it's a backup of my other two NASs, which are running a RAID configuration). I tried popping out all of the disks and I get the same behavior, but I can try other combinations. If the DLink works like other brands, I'm afraid that I've hosed up something in on-board flash.

rccoleman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 11:18:05 AM »

Well, I'm officially out of ideas.  No amount of playing around with the device is bringing it back to life, and I've contacted support.  Just in case, I'll ask again: Is there any sort of "emergency recovery" procedure?  Maybe via USB?

Thanks,
Rob

dice1111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 05:40:19 AM »

This is actually occurring on the other devices as well. When I go to the Pictures folder where these folders should be, they are not there.
I am doing a manual refresh of the Upnp and will see if this has an effect.

Dice

Manual refresh worked.

Any word on a release date for an official firmware update of 1.04?

irok760

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 11:54:12 AM »

I sent an email with  my sn# and other info and have not received the new firmware.  Can someone send it to me?  Dlink has no support and cannot support me.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 01:53:25 PM »

I sent an email with  my sn# and other info and have not received the new firmware.  Can someone send it to me?  Dlink has no support and cannot support me.

There is a link at the top of this forum in the firmware release sticky. Read it and download it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5