• April 19, 2024, 08:36:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: HDD space limitation  (Read 1669 times)

tibi500cid

• Level 1 Member
HDD space limitation
« on: July 01, 2020, 08:16:41 AM »

Hello Everybody.

I have several D-Link NASs. DNS-320L, DNS-327L, DNS-340L. All have the newest firmwares.
I noticed when I use HDDs over a certain TB size, I can not use the whole drive space in a DNS-320L or a DNS-327L.
The system tells me it still has about 500GB or more space on the disk, but I can't write more onto it.
However when I copy to the disk(s) until full in a DNS-340L I can use the whole disk space.
I have tried this with 4TB, 6TB and 8TB HDDs.
When I swap the disks from a DNS-340L and put them into a DNS-37L for example the system migrates them and I can access all files from the full disk, but can only copy new files to the disk when I delete enough files to get over the limited barrier.
Let's say the 8TB disk was full in the DNS-340L. I put this disk into the DNS-327L and reading and deleting the files was OK, but could only then copy new files to the disk when I deleted almost 1TB of the existing files.
Why is this?
What is the limitation on the DNS-320L and DNS-327L and how can I get around it?

All ideas are welcome!