• March 28, 2024, 01:28:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Vista x64 Drivers Coming?  (Read 39163 times)

Mayhemm

Vista x64 Drivers Coming?
« on: December 23, 2007, 11:05:41 PM »

I noticed that 64-bit Windows Vista drivers have recently been released for the majority of the DWA series of wireless cards.  The DWA-142 USB adapter, which I own, was not included in this release.  Are 64-bit drivers in the works for it as well?  Or am I going to have to buy a different adapter?

Rad Spencer

• Capt.
  • Level 2 Member
  • Master D's Going Down!
Re: Vista x64 Drivers Coming?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:37:53 PM »

People have been waiting for a long time for those drivers. There might be a driver available from the chipset manufacturer that could help, if someone knew who that was. I don't think it's atheros, like the  majority of D-Link wireless hardware.
Yeah, over to disposal area. Heroes always look good.

Mayhemm

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:17:57 PM »

Yeah, it bl0ws that there's no drivers for such a new adapter.  I spent a few hours on Google and Yahoo after I upgraded to x64 looking for jury-rigged drivers that would work but to no avail.  Actually I was hoping to find some on Microsoft Update, since that's how I got Marvell drivers for the DWA-142 when I was running Vista 32-bit;  this was before D-link even had 32-bit Vista drivers.  Unfortunately, I am unable to search MU using a wired connection like I was before (PC is in the basement and router is upstairs; thus the need for a wireless adapter)

Good to know I'm not the only poor soul left up sh*t creek by D-link on this.  Hopefully they'll put one out soon (or someone will find a suitable substitute like the chipset driver)

creat0r79

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 07:31:44 AM »

Hi
How about xp 64 bit drivers? are any on the way?

matthsin

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 11:20:39 PM »

I have the same problem too.
My OS is vista x64, and apprently, I could not use the adapter now.
What can I do?
Just wait~~~~~~~~~~~~~ No one told me that before I bought it

Mayhemm

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 08:06:06 AM »

Great news everyone!  I have found Vista64 compatible drivers for our DWA-142's!  The adapter uses Marvell's TOPDOG chipset, so I was able to find generic drivers for it.  The driver date is January 19 2007, and the version is 1.0.0.4.

The 453KB download can be found here:  http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/132945 or by googling the filename "marvell_top_1004-vista-xp.exe"

Not the ideal solution, but I am typing this message to you using the driver, so I can verify that it works.  Regardless, this should at least get you guys back on the web until D-link gets off their @$$es and releases official drivers.

Man, it pi$$es me off to have to track down my own driver for a new adapter like this.  If one works, but hasn't been thoroughly tested, mark it as a BETA.  At least then people would be able to use their adapters.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 09:42:50 PM by Mayhemm »

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 12:40:10 PM »

Nice, I'm going to test those in house.

Lar

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 02:25:43 PM »

Thanks for all your help hope this driver works ! Guess I will have to research things better before I buy.
 The old says is true " get bit by a dog it is the dogs fault go by the same dog and get bit again then it is your own fault"
Can't understand why d-link was #1 right?
  Thanks again for all your looking up a lot of dead leads to find one that works  :)
    lar

Fjelsten

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 02:16:32 PM »

I let Windows find the drivers (naturally, you need a wired connection for this).

Windows installed Marvell 1.0.4.3 drivers from 2007-10-26.

Unfortunately, I have the same problem as I has with the first XP drivers: I get thrown off my DIR-655 (FW 1.21) around once every hour (and there is no reason for this to happen)

It is really annoying that there is no proper 64 bit driver. My DWA-142 is not even 2 years old!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 02:18:37 PM by Fjelsten »

arod

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 02:35:00 PM »

I don't have an ETA on when there will be a 64bit driver release. However, I will ask the PM for this product to find out the status.

Fjelsten

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 11:30:41 PM »

I don't have an ETA on when there will be a 64bit driver release. However, I will ask the PM for this product to find out the status.

Thank you.

As I said, I have gone through all the other possible error sources as I had this error before with the original XP-drivers. For sure, I cannot be the only one wanting these drivers judging by the amounts of hits on Google for Vista 64 and dwa-142!

Fjelsten

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 03:22:27 AM »

Any news, please?

p33875

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 08:02:42 AM »

Ive been selling Dlink products for years and i have never been so disguisted at them. I cannot believe that these lazy engineers did not write a 64 bit driver for this card, they should be embarassed. This is absolutely rediculous i will never sell or recommend a dlink product to any of my customers. I cant wait until i send 100 of these back to my vendor, because i  bet they will go right back to u lazy f^*!.

Fjelsten

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 04:49:41 AM »

Ru-Fi-Oh promised to talk to the product managers but he has never come back with an answer (and I've even sent him personal messages).

BTW. I do not think it has that much to do with lazyness but rather D-Link don't want to fork out the money for a Vista 64 driver certification.

I also think the lack of support for a fairly recent product leaves somewhat to be desired.

arod

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 09:07:54 AM »

I spoke with the Product Managers of this product and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately there will not be a 64bit driver release.