• April 19, 2024, 12:06:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: What is the official release date of 1.06 ??  (Read 62688 times)

jrbilodeau

• Level 3 Member
Re: What is the official release date of 1.06 ??
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 01:10:25 PM »

keep in mind that not all raid is hardware raid, there is also software based raid, which i assume is used in this case. i'm no linux expert, so maybe it isn't in the kernel, but i'm pretty sure that its software based, otherwise they wouldn't be able to fix it.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 03:32:54 PM »

The RAID on the DNS-323 is software RAID.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

Bluenose

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »

So back to the original topic, the 1.06 release is still not available.
The advertised features that I purchased the product for does not work (iTunes and UPNP).
It's time D-Link either offer a free upgrade to a box that did work, offered to buy back the product at the original purchase price, or fix the problems (I'm personally hoping that they fix the problem).

Fixing the problem would be a nice Christmas present from D-Link to its loyal customers.  Lets hope D-Link gets into the giving spirit in time for Christmas (I'm not willing to wait much longer).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 06:04:18 PM by Bluenose »

MountainMan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2008, 09:27:04 PM »

I also hope improved firmware is released soon.  But be careful what you ask for!

Dlink!  Please don't release the firmware until it is READY.  My NAS is just about the WORST electronic product in my house to have a bug.  I don't want any unstable, buggy, or otherwise messed up firmware that could endanger my data.

So please make 1.06 rock solid!

garyhgaryh

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2008, 11:46:33 PM »

Isn't 1.06 released already? I have both the dns-321 and dns-323.  I just installed 2 1.5T seagate drives on my dns-321 and they are recognized.  Before I upgraded the firmware their capacity was 0 so I couldn't do anything with them.  I just happened to look on their download list and 1.06 is out, correct me if I am wrong.

Also, what's the difference between manual and auto rebuild? I'm being asked that.  What should I select?

Thanks,
Gary

boxst

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2008, 12:42:26 AM »

The download list on this page:  http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DNS%2D323 still only has 1.05?

Steve

garyhgaryh

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2008, 01:10:27 AM »

I definately saw it on a different site (I searched for 5-10 mins after I saw your post but I can't find it).  The filename was 1.06beta or something like that.  I'll check again..

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2008, 03:51:02 AM »

I definately saw it on a different site (I searched for 5-10 mins after I saw your post but I can't find it).  The filename was 1.06beta or something like that.  I'll check again..

If the word beta was a part of the file name wouldn't that tell you something?  Perhaps that it's not a final release and so it's "released already"?

Now - this is just my opinion - but I've never seen D-Link release a firmware with the word beta in the name (even a beta release) so I'm guessing the website you saw it on was not a D-Link site.

jrbilodeau

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2008, 05:15:22 AM »

I have actually seen beta firmware on some of the other dlink sites, not US though, i believe its was the german site, and possibly others, but definetly not on the US or Canadian site (which i think are the same anyway)

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2008, 07:45:34 AM »

I have actually seen beta firmware on some of the other dlink sites, not US though, i believe its was the german site, and possibly others, but definetly not on the US or Canadian site (which i think are the same anyway)

Did it include the word beta in the file name?  I'm not disputing that D-Link makes beta software available - just commenting that I've never seen them use the word beta in the file name.

espiritu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2008, 08:02:53 AM »

Did it include the word beta in the file name?  I'm not disputing that D-Link makes beta software available - just commenting that I've never seen them use the word beta in the file name.

the one I saw was titled Version 1.06b60 beta but the filename was DNS232.1.06b60.exe so whoever put it out there(obviously not d-link) has packaged/named it however they like.

Apparently that is at least 2 builds behind what they are currenty working on.

jrbilodeau

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2008, 10:47:13 AM »

good point the ones that ive seen have always shown the build and not said beta, in the filename

Tilly

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2008, 01:09:33 PM »

Hi fordem

I know a lot of your postings in different boards. Most of them are really good an excelent, but also some, sorry, but are wrong. Like this one.

D-Link released since years a lot of firmwares and drivers on their public servers labled with "beta" in their filenames.

Like those as an example:

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir655/Firmware/dir655_CA_firmware_121B09_BETA.zip
ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir655/Firmware/dir655_firmware_121b05_beta_nosecurespot.zip
ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir855/Firmware/dir855_Firmware_112B01_BETA.zip
ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/dwlg810/Firmware/dwlg810_BETAfirmware_213.bin

And there are hundreds more beta versions on the D-Link custumers public servers.

Search here ftp://ftp.dlink.com/ and you will find a lot of Beta named versions. Only in USA. Worldwide you will find thousands files on all D-Link servers labled beta in the filenames!

I use the DNS-323 firmware version 1.06b65 since 4 days and this one is working perfect without a special email alert mail account setting problem. I canīt and i will not test everything, because this is the job from D-Link employers and not my.  ;)

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2008, 02:55:45 PM »

Thanks for bringing that to my attention Tilly - all I said was I'd never seen it before.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2008, 03:00:27 PM »

Thanks for bringing that to my attention Tilly - all I said was I'd never seen it before.

Now this is really a storm in a tea cup, because it no way changes the point I was making, quite simply that the fact that a firmware with the word beta in the name is available should not be considered to mean that the firmware has been released.

A beta version is exactly that - a beta (or test version) and not a final release.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7