• March 28, 2024, 11:54:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: "No Content Available" on DSM-520 with Windows Media Player 11 server for MP3's  (Read 7356 times)

23db

I have been using my DSM-520 in conjunction with with Windows Media Player 11 Media Sharing (instead of the D-Link Media Server) to play my MP3 music files, and have not had any problems...until today.

Now when I try to access My Music on the DSM-520, regardless of what suboption I pick (All Music, Genres,  Folders, etc.) I get a "No Content Available" message.

I have tried reseting the DSM-520, turning off and then turning back on the WMP Media Sharing, removing and then readding music files to the Windows Media Library, and even re-ripping some MP3's to test it out, but to no avail.  I know it's not a network issue becuase I can still play photos, and I can play music if I use the D-Link Media Server instead of WMP11.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I can get the DSM-520 to start working again with WMP11?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

daryl

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 04:47:21 PM by 23db »

mfronk

Try setting up WMP11 sharing on a second computer and see if it has the same problem as the first, that way we will know where to look, the DSM or the computer.

23db

Try setting up WMP11 sharing on a second computer and see if it has the same problem as the first, that way we will know where to look, the DSM or the computer.

Okay. Let me go out, and buy another computer so I can test out this theory.  Can I send you the bill to expense it?
 :-\

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

What has been installed on the PC or changed on the network since this issue started? Any updates maybe?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

23db

I was able to fix this.

I believe it was WMP11 indexing problem.  Within 'My Music' I have my audio files in artist/album folder structure.  From within WMP I deleted all songs from my library *and* from my computer.  I then restored the audio files from a backup, then WMP detected the new files, and automaticlly added them to my the library.  Now they reappear on my DSM-520.

ecferreira

I'm having the issue "No Content Available" using the WMP server!

Any othe solution besides deletting the library? I've a 300 GB library and I'm not interested to delet it like this. Is there a solution to reindex the library?

I have had problems with Windows MP11 library getting corrupt more than once. I have almost 200G of music. I have had to delete the library and let it get rebuilt then all is well again. I think your problem is with WMP11 not the DLink stuff.